“Still good”

Asset Hotel Shanghai
Ranked #696 of 5,112 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This is already our 3rd stay in Asset Hotel and still it's good. Their manager and their staff are very accommodating and always willing to help. WIFI in the room was great! Since their TV Stations weren't that good we ended up watching DVD at night.

We have become well acquainted with the environment and find it easy to go around the City.

We will be back next year.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank rja34
There are newer reviews for Asset Hotel Shanghai

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Good location, clean, very reasonably priced.
The room wasn't very big, but it big enough for one person and the hotel is well kept and tidy.
Was in a very good location between 2 stations one 3 Metro lines

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank DonaleaS
Reviewed July 17, 2013

So many positives - clean, quiet, good breakfast, reading/coffee room - helpful staff will get a taxi for you. Only negatives - no foreign TV and the free in-room WiFi was a bit troublesome.

Will return for sure, and recommend to others.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Christopher M
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Room is small just enough to open your pack. Building and inside is old but still good maintence so you won't feel uncomfortable. However, the soundproofing is bad and it did bad effect if you got an awful neighbor( our neighbor can't control his young son and cry, shout from 10pm to 12).

Price is average but you may get more with this price in my opinion. Reception is warm which make things get better.

The location is just okay, cause it still a bit far from the metro station, especially after a day walk, and you still need to take about 10 minutes walk to the hotel from the metro, it's a bit hard for us.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mini_shawn
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This was the first hotel we stayed in after just arriving in China. We had a small bit of trouble finding it. We had rucksacks with us and took a wrong turn a couple of times but I think that probably had more to do with not being used to getting around Shanghai than the hotel location. A westerner ended up helping us and we were standing across the intersection from the hotel!
We enjoyed our stay even though we didn't spend a huge amount of time at the hotel. Our room was on the 3rd floor. No noise complaints, we really enjoyed the breakfast(Juice, Steamed buns, scrambled egg, tea & toast). The location is fine as there are 2 metro stops nearby. Not many westerners though! If that matters to you. It didn't bother us. You are in China after all!
The hotel didn't seem busy when we were there midweek in March 2013 but I would recommend as it's cheap and we had no problems.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David C
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I shouldn't really be complaining about this place, especially given the price I paid. I was staying in a room on the first floor, right across from the reception. As I checked in, I thought I'd be bothered by other guests coming in and out. It turned out, the vast majority of guests were rather quiet. But the staff working late night shifts was talking on the phone and with each other -- all the time! They weren't whispering either. Whatever they discussed on the nightly basis, they were really passionate about it. Of course I have no idea what they were talking about. Male front desk staff must have been talking about Chinese soccer. Females must have had a heated debate about a Chinese equivalent of Justing Bieber. Whatever the topics were, the shouting went on and on and on. I could still hear their muffled voices even through my ear plugs. I am not a light sleeper, so this was not a HUGE issue for me, but it sure was for other guests.

On a more positive side, I did like their breakfast. All Western guests I saw in their breakfast area were playing it safe by sticking with fried and hard-boiled eggs, coffee, and toast. For the locals and more adventurous individuals like myself, there was congee with all sorts of pickles, egg-drop soup, steamed dumplings of several kinds, and various steamed/boiled greens. Although I could tell that all the food came from Walmart or a similar place (yes, they do have Walmarts in China), it was not bad at all and definitely added a nice local touch to this otherwise very mediocre hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I had a great stay over at Shanghai Asset hotel last week. The services at the front desk has greeted me with great warm hospitality! My friend has introduced me to Asset hotel when I was travelling in Shanghai last trip and I have took the opportunity to check into this hotel this time.
It was a warm a cozy hotel located in the central of Shanghai. The room is cozy, clean and the renovation was warm. They do have wifi and all the basics you need like hair dryer, toothbrushes etc.. I personally liked it a lot as it was very convenient to travel around and the price was good compared to all the great hotels in Shanghai.
I will definitely come back again the next time I travel back to Shanghai! I would like to thank the front desk manager Reynold again for his great hospitality!

Room Tip: Superior Room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business