$180
$186
$97
$80
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $105/night.

$130
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $154/night.

$159
$105
$150
$128
  • Pool
All reviewsthumb plazaradisson blucarrefour supermarketoutdoor poolnice hotelbusiness hotelpudong airportmaglev trainbreakfast buffet ishotel is locatedchinese foodthe club loungeshopping mallsubway stationtaxichinaenglish
Reviewed February 17, 2008

I stayed at the Radisson Pudong on a recommedation from a business colleague. I wasn't really sure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised.

The hotel decor is very modern. The hallways are very dark. But once you get to the room, it is a different story. The walls are pure white. All of the furniture is white and smooth. The bathroom is small, but it feels more spacious because there is a glass wall where it adjoins the room. It probably sounds creepier than it is. If you are staying in the room with another person, there is a shade that you can put down. I was by myself, so it really didn't matter.

There are several restaurants in the hotel. I ate a dinner a couple of times in the restaurant on first floor and had dim sum in the restaurant on third floor. There are also many restaurants and shops in the area next to the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank omahanetraveler
Reviewed January 1, 2008

Stayed here for a week on business. Most of the other reviews have said it all already, but I can confirm their impressions - a chic, designer hotel with good service.

Another plus, depending on your point of view, is the location. It's situated close to various restaurants and shops which are in part tailored to the visiting western businessman. There is a big choice of Chinese restaurants with menus in English as well as Chinese, and also restaurants with other cuisines. I would not really recommend the hotel's restaurants - they are vastly overpriced, and in the case of the European-style one, just not good.

At the weekend I went to Century Park and watched people flying kites- not a bad way of passing the time if you are jet-lagged and can't be bothered going somewhere in particular.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed August 29, 2007

Definitely stay at this hotel again if I go to Shanghai. Loved the modern, chic design. Enjoyed so much that I decided to take the time to write a hotel review first time ever. Previous stays at the likes of Four Seasons, St. Regis, Marriott, etc. in many parts of the world didn't prompt me to.

I checked in late in the evening, greeted by polite, professional staff at the reception. They were very apologetic for the 3 minutes I was waiting for another guest checking in. Waiting for 3 mins and staff kept saying "sorry" -- that' pretty rare in the mainland.

Then I was offered a free upgrade to a suite. (I booked on the hotel's website as they offered special deal for HK$680/night + 15%.)

Room is spacious, clean, white and light tone, design is simple yet elegant, comfortable bed. Very quiet -- extra points given for this because it can be very annoying when you find yourself constantly hearing what people next door is doing, even at high-end luxury hotel. This problem absolutely doesn't exist in the rooms here. One flat panel TV in the living room and another one in the bedroom. There's just one thing I didn't like -- one of the corners of the bathroom walls were part made of glass, which means if you share the room with a friend it's embarrassing. Even after pulling down the curtain they are still not entirely covered. Pretty annoying. Oh well, the bathtub and separate shower and a ceiling decorated with paintings compensated for part of that.

There's an iron and iron board in one of the closets for those who care. Shoe shine service means leaving your shoes in the basket inside the closet and the cleaning lady polishes them for you. Not the professional kind of shoe shining service you'd expect from Four Seasons.

Windows overlooking mainly newly built apartment buildings, from one side I could see a church, from another side I could see the "Big Thumb Square."
Speaking of the Square -- That's a good reference point when talking to cab drivers.

At the square, there are also quite a few restautants --
First you'll see one claim to offer Hong Kong cuisine (didn't try so can't comment whether it's authentic or not);
Opposite to it is an Indian one (I did see Indian people eating in there and Indian chefs working inside);
Then a couple of Japanese one;
Two Korean restuarants;
Haagendaz
Starbucks
Hong Kong style dessert place
Two western bakeries
And there's Carrefour supermarket (opens until 10 p.m.)
There's an open area where locals/tourists hang out until after 10 pm. Nice if you like outdoor cafe as there's one at the center.

There are also about four restaurants inside the hotel. I tried the one of 3rd floor serving Cantonese cuisine. Modern design, tasty food, well, not the kind of top-notch Cantonese restaurants where you can find a big variety of delicate dishes, but simple black pepper beef stir fry dish and "special" fried rice do taste good. There's also all-you-can-eat dim sum lunch but didn't try.

Breakfast room service -- congee not tasty.

There's a cafe that offers sandwiches/pastries/coffee at the hotel. Just turn left after you leave the hotel foyer. Next to it is *MY FAVOURITE* fruit store! Great variety of higher-than-average quality fruits. Not easy to find in the mainland, especially that close to a hotel. Open till 12 midnight. Not the cheapest you can get but it caught my eyes the moment I passed by the hotel for the first time.

There are also a hair salon, massage place -- Just turn right after coming out of the hotel, it's a two-minute walk at most. The salon charged 38 yuan for blow dry. They'd ask which type of shampoo you want. I asked what's the difference between the two that they offered and was told one is the regular with no extra charge, another one adds extra moisture and cost 20 yuan more. I chose the latter just to make myself feel "safer" as you really don't know what would be in the "regular" one.

There's also a hair salon inside the hotel, but I called to make a reservation in the morning, was told to come after 5 mins. I did. Then the lady there asked me to wait for another 5 mins. I did again. When I returned, she said the stylist is on his way coming from the building at the back (apparently the hotel provides residence for its staff). I didn't want to waste any more time waiting so I left. Still that lady was very polite and kept apologizing.

Broadband in the room was complimentary. Had a bit of trouble connecting initially. A manager and a tech staff came up 10 mins after I called for help and fixed it.

This review is getting too long so I better round up soon. Just have to say it one more time the staff are highly professional -- One of them spotted my taxi bill when he opened the door for me and asked where I came from. I was puzzled at first but he quickly explained it normally shouldn't cost that much: the meter showed my bill was more than 150 yuan. I told him I went to some very remote places and he was relieved. Can you believe these front door staff can be so attentive and care about their customers? Another staff reminded me to ask the driver for a receipt because if there's anything wrong I can file a compaint. These staff are unbelievable -- SUPER!!

OK, I'm calling this place my home in Shanghai. Only thing you need to think about is it's on Pudong side, where the international airport and new business district is. It takes longer to go to Puxi (xi=west, dong=east) where the Bund and XinTianDi are located. Depends on what your priorities are. I stayed at the legendary Peace Hotel, left after one night because it's old and stuffy, stayed at JinMao Grand Hyatt, enjoyed it but the staff are cold and indifferent. Stayed at one of the Jin Jian hotels, cost more than 800 yuan/night but nowhere close to what I get from Radisson Pudong. Good luck!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank SuperPickyTraveler
Reviewed June 2, 2007

Stayed here for a mini break. Nice hotel, lovely lobby, modern interiors. Rooms were spacious which was great ! Cool design of the Bathroom, where there was a panel of glass from the Bedroom. Service levels good, with most speaking english.
Not bad spread for breakfast on the western side. Chinese side not that impressive.

It is slightly out from central. Two options, take the metro from Century Park, takes about 10 mins into the Shanghai Telecom Tower. Cab ride to the metro from hotel is about 10 mins.

Or take the cab straight to Central i.e. Bund etc. This wil take longer about 20-30 mins depending on the traffic (and driver !!! Yes, they are quite mad out there, like in Formula 1)

Overall quite nice !

Must try the Massage Salon close to the Hotel. Took my wife and had a great foot massage after a heavy day of sightseeing and very reasonable and open till 1am !

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TopNotchHongKong
Reviewed April 20, 2007

We stayed at this hotel late Jan/early Feb and found it great. Our flight arrived early but they were very obliging and let us in to the room early. Room and bathroom (separated only by a glass wall) were very spacious, had everything we needed and the beds were very comfortable. The staff were most helpful. My husband was disappointed in the breakfast so thereafter we walked round the corner to a beautiful bakery - too tempting!
A quick taxi ride to the metro and then everywhere you wanted to go easily accessible. Do make sure you have the destination written in Chinese for the taxi driver or ask the hotel staff to inform them.

• Stayed: January 2007