“Right place at the right time...”

Grand Mercure Shanghai Century Park
Ranked #70 of 4,998 Hotels in Shanghai
Shanghai, China
“Right place at the right time...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

When ever we decide to go back to shanghai, Radisson Blu will surely be the first and only place to stay in as it facilitates and offers every aspect that a high quality hotel supposed to offer. Firstly, from the time we checked in till the time we checked out the generous and kind customer service and everyone we met guided us through every step of the way. Every day went by very smoothly nothing to care or worry about. Secondly The quality and the hygeine of the rooms were remarkable. Finally and most important, if you think about dining on a week day or especially on Sundays. The food was delicious and the price was surprisingly low for a dish like that. The Thursday pizza all you can eat for so cheap was really good ... that was nothing compared to the Sunday brunch. It was the best I had in Shanghai ... for that price you would get it cheaper and better quality than any other expensive brunches around town...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Yahya A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

Very good hotel with good, clean rooms. Rooms are spacious as well. The daily breakfast has a good spread and the service is great. Amazing gym and pool for those interested. Thumbs plaza is adjacent to the hotel and there are at least a dozen good food choices.

Only complaint is that the hotel is about 3 km from the metro station so it's not accessible.

• Stayed July 2012
louisville, ky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

I scheduled my twelve night stay at the Radisson Blu a month ago and was guaranteed a king deluxe room. When I checked in, I was placed in a full/full room. When I asked why I was not given the room I had reserved, they said it was peak season and there were no other rooms available. Nine nights into my stay, I received a note under my door that I was being relocated to a lower floor because of construction on my current floor. The room they moved me to smelled like a smoking room. When I called them to say the room smelled like smoke, and to ask if it was a non smoking room, they said that it was a non-smoking room, but maybe someone smoked in it before. Their resolution was to send housekeeping up and spray perfume around the room, so now it smells like smoke and cheap cologne. And it looked like the room had not been thoroughly cleaned since the last residents were in here - very disappointing.

The services in the hotel were expensive too. I had to have laundry done, and was shocked at the bill.

I started out really liking this hotel - free wifi, nice breakfast spread, decent gym, but the service has really soured my experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
GERFA, General Manager at Grand Mercure Shanghai Century Park, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Jaymi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor, and for helping us to improve our services in Radisson Blu Hotel Pudong Century Park. Please allow me to express my regret for the scope of your disappointment.

I noticed your feedback regarding the issues with your room category and your relocation during your stay. Radisson Blu Hotel Pudong Century Park always investigates cases brought to our attention, and strives to ameliorate every aspect falling short of grant expectations. However, since you have never officially expressed your complaint, neither during your stay, nor through our customer satisfaction survey, it is difficult for us to trace back the details of your troublesome experience.

We strictly abide to the Radisson Blu policy never to downgrade guests, as this would not be in line with our hallmark values. Hence, we are eager to disclose the circumstances causing that breach, and would be very grateful if you could help us by sending your name to info.pudong@radisson.com for further clarification. I have taken the precaution to advise the relevant department heads to enhance their training efforts, so as to ensure every colleagues commitment to service excellence.

I will gladly and personally make sure that when next you stay in Radisson Blu Hotel Pudong Century Park, we will spare no effort to make your stay with us as delightful and memorable as possible

Warm regards,

Gerhard Fasching

Coventry
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Just had 3 nights in this hotel and the facilities are very good. Spent the first night on the 19th floor and it was a super experience. After being away for 1 night I returned and was put in room 1220. A smaller room with 1 very large and comfortable bed. Unfortunately there was no hot water in the room and even after complaining (nicely) and being visited by a maintenance engineer the best I could get was warm water in the morning. By afternoon the water was just lukewarm! Not very good for a hotel of this standard.

The location is good and the breakfast buffet superb. A pity they could not rectify my problem.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed this hotel and its food. The all-white bedrooms will probably become faded in a couple of years and I reckon they could be high maintenance. Most of this hotel is black or white or black and white. The dining room has steps configured white-black-white. I didn't notice the second step and hurt my foot, not seriously. Just beware. I loved the food here, especially the hot puddy in the evening - like mother used to make!!
The only minor glitch is the fact that sometimes if you order wine in the dining room buffet you are asked to pay immediately rather than give your room number.
Beds super comfy!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank DublinFlyer
Cadillac, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

Visiting China for the first time, we stayed for one week at the Radisson Blu. I was struck by it's modern hip decor, and spacious clean rooms. The hotel was located in a very nice area of Shanghai with excellent shopping and dinning opportunities surrounding it. The restaurant at this hotel was outstanding. Staff was very friendly. It was a great experience.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Travelqueen1968
Hong kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

Most local cab drivers don't know where this hotel is located so may have a difficult time searching for hotel. Hotel is located in pudong so convenient for business travellers who work in pudong area.

• Stayed July 2012