All reviews thumb plaza radisson blu carrefour supermarket outdoor pool nice hotel business hotel pudong airport maglev train breakfast buffet is hotel is located chinese food the club lounge shopping mall subway station taxi china english
Reviewed July 17, 2011

I travel to China regulary on business and use the Radisson as my base htoel in Shanghai. After a week travelling around suppliers I feel I'm coming home when I get back to the Radisson. The hotel has all the facilities you need. Wireless internet, good breakfast, decent fitness area and an outdoor pool.
The hotel is located in Thumb Plaza where there are a good selection of restaurants - chinese and western...and a couple of bars. Waga's is is good chill out place with nice light meals.
Its about a 10 minute taxi ride to the bund and another 5 to 10 minutes to Xintindi.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank SuzDundalk
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Not much to add to previous reviews. I liked that fact that they had non smoking rooms and complimentary wireless internet (all of the other have dozen or so Chinese hotels I stayed in were smoking/wired only). Getting a taxi was a bit more do-it-yourself than most Western hotels. Once in a cab it was about a 36 yuan ride to the Bund. English TV channels.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2011

The hotel is good and affordable.
2 min walking to Carrefour and other stores including Apple, Adidas, Nike, Watsons, etc. Many restaurants as well.
The rooms of this hotel are very clean, very well maintained and very big. Internet is free.
Breakfast is very large and food is great quality!
Overall a good value for a great establishment

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Suzano_BR
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I went to this hotel as part of a tour to China. There were 30 of us. Rooms were class. Very chic and modern. bathroom was cool and being able to see the tv from the bath was something i hadnt experienced before.
Breakfast and dinner were great. Massive selection of both chinese and european dishes. I know wine on the menu was a bit on the pricey side.
We didnt have the price of our stay as we were part of a tour so i cant comment on value. The internet was slow but i feel that is a china thing as other hotels i was in in Beijing were also slow.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John G
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Given the reviews on this site I was expecting a mediocre experience. Wrong. It was a great hotel. The lobby with its art displays is impressive while the rooms are clean and modern. The stylish glass-walled bathrooms located in the centre of the room are a great feature. Everything else you expect is there - the robes, slippers, speaker in the bathroom, tv, outdoor pool. The buffett breakfast and dinner are both fabulous. I had to search for a negative and found it in the lifts - they don't work.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple