Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreams$79
Tripadvisor$79
Trip.com
Priceline
StayForLong
Destinia.com
All reviews twin beds star hotel across the river hotel is situated hotel staff bund comfort subway skyline
Selected filters
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We booked a room for 2 people 2 nights with both names in the record as we were coming in on separate flights and might be arriving at different times. On Ctrip, we got a rate that was much lower than surrounding hotels. When we arrived and tried to check in, they insisted we had booked a room for one person, and that the rate would therefore be double. They insisted the room only had a single bed, which was untrue. Only after a long fight in Chinese, which my wife speaks, did they relent. Avoid this hotel. Reservations, even prepaid ones, mean nothing and they will hit you up for more money knowing that once you have arrived at the hotel in Shanghai, you have no choice other than to pay them.

Date of stay: September 2012
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Mark T
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This hotel offers really good value for money at present. The riverview name is a bit of a misnomer but location is good. Easy walking distance to the Bund.
It is surrounded by construction at the moment (hence the cheap price) but if you are away during the day this won't affect you.
This is very much a chinese hotel in terms of style and decoration and most of the staff don't speak english but if you can handle that then you will find the facilities very good. Reasonable gym, chinese style spa (I did not use) great full size snooker table. Reasonable breakfast.
The room was fine, clean etc. Free internet which is always good. Bed pretty hard though.
"Tom" the portor was excellent. Good english and very helpful.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Hal4dS
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The Riverview hotel is located 10min walk from the touristy spot of the Bund. The room was nice and clean, and honestly a bargain for the price paid. Note that there is a construction site in front of the hotel, so noise starts around 7am.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank eevoyage
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Despite the name river view, you can barely see the river. Further to the south and away from metro lines. The rooms were clean and newly furbished, bathroom newly renovated and beautiful. A LOT of construction noise, in north and south rooms. Jack-hammers playing from 8 to 22. But therefore affordable and good value. Staff was helpful and speaking English.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Sponch136
Reviewed May 17, 2012

First time i came there i checked in with the girl, i didnt realize who is she untill she scold me and treating me very badly. i spoke to her in english that i have 2 reservation, she couldnt find my reservation and i looked at her monitor and i can see directly that our name was there, and it took very long time, i showed her my reservation from agoda from my ipad and she looked, she scold me and said how can you 4 people stay in 1 room, i said i have 2 reservation, i couldnt show you both my reservation in 1 screen on my ipad. and she trying and trying and finally she find my reservation. and she filled up the form, she asked her staff how to write family name and sure name. SHE CANT WRITE FAMILY NAME AND SURE NAME. and i must begging her to get me room side by side because my mom just had surgery. she is totally horrible manager ( MANEGER????). i found out her staff is very nice and friendly also much much smarter than her, all of them can seak english fluently and also very helpful. THE MANAGEMENT JUST MAKE A BIG MISTAKE BECAUSE SUNNY IS UNEDUCATED, HORRIBLE AND RUDE MANAGER.

Date of stay: May 2012