“Recommended”

Jinjiang Metropolo Hotel Shanghai Nanjing
Ranked #1,450 of 5,222 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Perfect location. There are so many shops nearby which includes small food shops and a dry food shop (7-eleven concept). Hotel is only few meters to the pedestrian road where you can find familiar garment brand outlets like Uniqlo etc..

Walk to the left from hotel and at the pedestrian road take left again, cross the road and walk some more steps and The Bund is there.

Rooms are quite good for the price (Shanghai hotels are all expensive), cleanliness OK. There are 2 elevators for hotel customers. Hotel staffs are not that friendly but quite helpful.

Room Tip: Stayed at Standard Double room, I think it is good enough for any budget couple or solo
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank DNurul

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Hi All,

Let me put my reviews which may help/assist Family people to book this hotel :)

I am from Melbourne Australia, I travelled with my wife and 2 kids to celebrate my younger son birthday Dhvanit who was turing 3 yrs on 28.02.2014.

I did lot of research and found people saying this hotel is only for good location but I will add
I booked standard Twin room which was perfect for my family paid 300RMB per night.\
The room was bigger than expected especially when you have had holiday in Japan few months ago :)

The room was clean, The Bathroom was clean bit old but do we care when we are 16 hrs out of hotel. The AC/heater was working perfect, My wife found bed bit hard but kids and myself didn't got time to feel after tiring day. I will agree with my wife the bed are bit hard but not bad. The TV was working with good descent channel including few cartoon to entertain kids.

The biggest plus point the WiFI is free and its super fast like bullet train.

The room has locker with password to keep things safe, the Room service are very nice.

I had early flight, I came early than expected but I was given room without waiting in Lobby with my kids.

Looking at the basic Lobby with wooden chair my wife was looking at me what I have booked but once we stepped into Room she was very happy.

The hotel is straight on Nanjing road walking distance to biggest shopping lane.

The Bund in taxi takes 20 RMB

THE YU YU Garden takes 25 RMB

The China Art center takes 25 to 30 RMB in taxi depending upon traffic

I bargain with mid-night tai driver and it took me 170RMB from Pudong International Airport to this hotel and it took approx 45min in Taxi at 5am

I have pulled one point only cause the Room I had booked was non- smoking but still can feel little bit of smoke, when I tried to find the reason it was simple when I open main door some of the people smoke in their room and the smell spreads eventually on the floor. I use to close the door and keep the window little bit open apart of that the hotel is amazing for budget family people.

if you have any questions you are always welcome :)

Good Luck,
Jignesh

Room Tip: make sure the room is smoke free and it has windows which you can open when some idiot is smoking on...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Jignesh J
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed at this hotel as part of a G Adventures tour so cannot comment on value for money. Of all the places we stayed at on tour, this was probably the best one.

While it was rated two stars, it was significantly better than the three star hotel in X'ian. For starters, it's clean and modern.

It also has an excellent location - it is a 2 min walk to Nanjing Road, where you can also access the East Nanjing Road subway, which has a direct route to the airport. Despite being close to Nanjing Road, it was still very quiet and provided a good sleep. It is also within walking distance of the Bund, which provides for an excellent morning stroll.

Free Wifi is available in each room as well - all other hotels in China only provided wifi in the lobby.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank vanessaquake
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Based on value and location this place is great. It is in the heart on east nanjing road so its at the centre point of EVERYTHING. The bund and many museums (eg Shangai musem) are in walking distance. If you want to go a little further a field (eg french concession) than the subway is a 2 min walk away. You are even on the same line as the airport so dont even worry about cabing it when you arrive. (line 2 by the way). Service though was not great. While reception spoke English they weren't very accomodating. One receptionist was even smoking a cigarette (yep while at the counter) while he was serving us.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank JohnnyBoyTraveller
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We stayed in Nanjing Hotel as part of a G Adventure tour starting end of July 2013, and found it to be in a good location, 5 min walk to Line 2 Metro Nanjing East Station, Line 10 is further down Nanjing East 15-20min walk. There are plenty of restaurants on the street outside with good food. The beds are hard, but we found all the beds in China were hard! The room came with a safe, fridge and new fluffy towels. The street was a little noisy starting at 6am going on to about 11.30pm. Breakfast in the hotel for Y30 per person was convenient and not bad. We would stay here again as we just about walked every where from here.
We took a taxi from the airport to the hotel it cost Y170, we gave the taxi Y200 and he took off without giving us change!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank L_Robbo25
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This hotel is located in the heart of Shanghai City near Peoples square. You cannot dream of a better location with the pedestrian street and shopping areas nearby. The East Nanjing Road metro station is only a few steps away and hence you remain well connected to other parts of the city. Though one of the oldest hotels in Shanghai, rooms have been well maintained. Wifi available only on 3 rd floor. Rooms have LAN internet connection. Restaurant serves delicious Peking Duck. Would stay here on my next visit

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I have now being staying at the Nanjing for three nights and cannot comprehend some of the negative reviews about this hotel. Here are my comments:

1. What do you all expect for 300 RMB? If you want Western comforts and high quality service then pay 1000 RMB. This is a Chinese hotel for the Chinese.A kettle is provided but only with Chinese tea sachets. So if you are a budget traveller and stay here then do the following:

1. Buy a pot of coffee and then you can wake up to coffee every morning.

2. If you can bring a small lap;top/notebook there is internet on an Ethernet cable. If you have an iPad go down to landing on 3rd or 4th floor where you should access WiFi.

If this fails go to Second floor of Henderson Shopping Mall on Nanjing Road. (Just 400m away) Username Metropolitan. Without needing to buy a coffee you can get free Wifi. Landing page in Chinese but tick box at bottom and press button and hey presto.. free internet.

3. You are provided with free shampoo and shower gel. How many British and American hotels for equivalent of 300 RMB would do this? Answer: None

4. Location is brilliant. Bund, and Yiyuan Garden and Temple all within walking distance and you can shop to heart's content on Nanjing Road.

5. Standard of cleanliness actually not bad. Everything just a bit old and worn but how can you expect them to refurbish on 300 RMB a pop from each guest.

6. Rooms smell of smoke because this is primarily a hotel for the Chinese and many Chinese smoke heavily. You get used to it and if you don't like it, check out and go elsewhere.

7. Staff are not particularly unfriendly, they just don't speak much English because the hotel is geared for Chinese tourists. In the top hotels the staff are trained in how to deal with Western guests. The Chinese language is very direct and doesn't contain the polite niceties of English.
So "would you mind awfully stepping aside as you are blocking my way"? becomes "Go please!" in Chinese English.So it's nothing to do with rudeness. I can't speak about Americans, whom I generally find to be very polite, but a lot of young British people could learn a lot about the helpfulness of most Chinese people.(being British I am entitled to make these comments)
If you want to be pampered by fawning hotel staff then again, check out and go elsewhere.

I have slept as well in this bed as anywhere else and it is actually pretty quiet.

So great value for money and for 300 RMB I thoroughly recommend it