“Top notch location ”

Ranked #37 of 5,146 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

Heart if the action in Shanghai - you can't go wrong with this hotel. Great service, the Bund is within walking distance and the service is great. This was my first time in Shanghai and I would recommend this to all. The breakfast spread is simply fabulous as well.

Stayed: September 2013
Leroyalmeridien_sh, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2014

Dear RahulSG,

We are thrilled to receive such positive feedback regarding your recent stay at Le Royal Meridien Shanghai. Thank you for taking the time to let us know just what it was that made your stay so memorable. We do look forward to welcoming you back to Shanghai in the very near future!

Have a wonderful day,

Reviewed September 1, 2014

An average place in the heart of the Nanjing street.hotel is part of multistory tower 21 story onward. At midnight when we arrived it did not look hotel as the reception is at 21 story. At parking level it was pitch dark. Surrounded by street smart sales guys and massage SPA guys. At 21 level found a sleepy reception. Next day also found a Que at check in counter. Given a chance will never stay here. Tarrif was also high and hotel lacks charm. Rooms were small , view was good. B/Fast layout was impressive.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Cdr Bhatia B,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at Le Royal Meridien Shanghai. It is important to us to provide a warm welcome to all guests who arrive at all hours of the day or night. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the beautiful views our hotel offers of the Shanghai city centre and we will share your positive impressions of the breakfast with our culinary team! Again, thank you, your comments provide us insight in ways that we can continue to strive to exceed the expectations of all our guests!

Have a great day,

Reviewed August 31, 2014

Decided to try a new Starwood Property this time around as I usually stay at The Westin in Shanghai. Having read reviews, I had high expectations, but the hotel fell short on several of them. Let's start off with the check-in...While it was efficient, the front desk agent was a bit cold, and seemed uninterested. It is nice at times to be recognized as a SPG member, but that was not the case. This aside, it was a speedy check-in.

The room itself is comfortable, with good views. The shower is a bit awkward, but nothing to complain about. The room was a little rough around the edges, as seemed as it had not been thoroughly cleaned, but again nothing huge.

I tried both Allure, and the main restaurant during my stay. Allure had good food and attentive service. When I went to breakfast the next day at 8:30 there was not much food selection left, and what was left was cold, and inedible. When I asked for coffee and milk, I was given milk off of the table next to me which had just been used. I am all for conservation, but that was a bit much for me. I requested new milk, but was questioned why I wanted it...Really shouldn't be a question when I am a paying customer.

I will say the attendants standing near the lifts to help direct you were the most helpful and courteous staff I came across this trip.

Overall, not really impressed, and will not be back for the price I paid.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo

Dear brian2002,

We very much appreciate the time you’ve taken to leave your feedback regarding your stay at Le Royal Meridien Shanghai. We have taken all your comments very seriously and have discussed each aspect with our respective teams. You have brought up some extremely valid points and they are all things of which we are aware of and are continually striving to offer not simply a service that you as a guest would expect at Le Royal Meridien Shanghai, but a service that exceeds your expectations. We will most definitely share your positive comments with our associates who help to guide guests on the Lobby floor as they are indeed, very helpful and always smiling. Thank you again and we do hope to have the opportunity in the future to welcome you back to Shanghai.

Travel safe,

Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

Incredible view, nice position, amazing furnished and an unbelievable breakfast
the perfect place whatever are you traveling for
I have had a very well made big bathroom surrounded of glass, working desk with hi speed lan cable and a bed that more than a piece of furnish looked like a cloud
Great presenration, service and an unexpected cheap price

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Riccardo b,

We are thrilled to receive such wonderful feedback after your recent stay with us at Le Royal Meridien Shanghai. It is great to know that you felt comfortable in our rooms, that you enjoyed our breakfast, and most especially that you were able to enjoy the beautiful views of Shanghai’s city center. Thank you for taking the time to share with us!

Have a wonderful day,

Reviewed August 28, 2014

I've visited Shanghai more than 30 times in the past decade, and for many years was loyal to the Westin. My wife and I tried the Le Royal Meridien on a trip last year and have been staying there ever since. It's a beautiful, modern hotel, and the views from the high floors are astounding. The Executive Lounge is terrific, also with great views od the Bund and Pudong, and the restaurants are excellent. It's right on Nanjing Road, so very convenient, and is only a 15-20 minute walk to the Bund and waterfront. It's also the only hotel we know of in Shanghai where you can access Facebook, which is not so you can share photos with friends back home. The Le Royal Meridien staff are excellent, and there's an excellent and inexpensive spa across the street.

Room Tip: make sure you get a high room for the best views.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank KatsuJK

Dear Adam-n-SooJK,

We greatly appreciate the time you’ve taken to share with us such positive feedback following your stay at Le Royal Meridien Shanghai. We do work diligently to insure that we offer our guests an experience and a service that goes above and beyond your expectations. As you are such a frequent visitor to Shanghai, we most definitely look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future!

Travel safe,

Reviewed August 27, 2014

I am currently at the Le Royal Meridian Shanghai. I arrived late so decided on room service. The menu and food options are good. It took 20 minutes to get an answer on the room service line. They were out of stock of several wines I tried to choose.
The next day, I tried again. Again, no one was answering the phone. I got the main line to transfer me and when someone finally answered, the person said they were out of the champagne I chose.
He then simply hung up on me. So I trekked down to the lobby lounge, sat down, ordered the
champagne mimosa and they brought it to me straight away. Why is it I can go get what I want, and its in stock when I go to the lobby myself, but room service said they were out of it???
Overall, a good hotel in a good location. I have stayed many times but never had such a very poor experience trying to order room service.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Dear englishb01,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience at Le Royal Meridien Shanghai. You are absolutely right that the service you received was very poor and it most certainly does not reach the standards we have set for our associates. We will definitely use this as a learning experience for our teams to insure that a situation as this doesn’t occur in the future for you or any other guests. We sincerely apologize for this, but we do hope that this won’t deter you from offering us the opportunity to welcome you to Shanghai again in the future.

Until then,

Reviewed August 25, 2014

High quality Hotel right in the pedestrian area (Nanjing Rd).
Rooms very well equipped and maintened.
Lucky enough it offers a good Internet connection.
Breakfast is rich either in Western style as well as in Asian.
Check-In and Check-Out service can be improved

Room Tip: Top floors (above 40th) rooms best choice
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank poorfellow
Leroyalmeridien_sh, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Dear poorfellow,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback following your recent stay with us at Le Royal Meridien Shanghai. It is always wonderful to hear that our city center location was convenient for you during your stay! We will most definitely share your comments with our team and continue our ongoing efforts to exceed the expectations of you and all our guests! We look forward to welcoming you back to Shanghai in the near future!

Have a great day,