“Very good hotel at very good location”

Ranked #38 of 5,161 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Super location at the Nanjing Road.Right by peoples sq.I typically don't like a modern hotel but I tought this one is nice.I stayed at nice suite and it was nice.Restaurant was OK level.You can't expect the service quality like hotels in Hongkong but they were good enough.I have stayed twice and I am sure that I go back one day.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Leroyalmeridien_sh, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your great review on almost all aspects of Le Royal Meridien Shanghai. The team and I are all looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future and providing you with another memorable stay.

Le Royal Meridien Shanghai

Write a ReviewReviews (2,794)

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

This was my first stay in Shanghai and the first in the hotel. Service was good and the staff all spoke serviceable English. They showed real concern for my well being, offering more cost effective transport alternatives than their own in prompted!

The hotel is like a sea of calm in the Chaos of Nanjing road. The lobby is many floors above the street and this gives you the ability to enjoy a coffee or a meal where you can see Shanghai but not be assaulted by the cheerful chaos of Nanjing road.

Will stay there again

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing such a nice review.

We are appreciative that you chose Le Royal Meridien Shanghai for your first visit to Shanghai. We are also delighted to know that you love the hotel atmosphere as well as the service provided. I have shared your compliments with the team and we look forward to seeing you again should your travel bring you back to Shanghai.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

As someone who is often travelling for work, what I really need is the most basic. I just need everything in the room to work, so that I can quickly turn on my computer to work, get to my appointments on time, and come back for a hot shower and then go to bed.

Now, I need to finish 2 major reports and presentation in 2 days before several Big meetings, they got me the extra miles. I was managed to borrow a bigger screen in my room and able to focus to work on several ppt, excel and graphic all at the same time. Work completed in time and meetings well conducted.

Really appreciated the help. This shows their care and willingness to help.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the river is good.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Leroyalmeridien_sh, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us on Tripadvisor.com.

It is always great to hear our guests enjoy their stay with us. We are glad to know that your meeting was a success one, please be assured whenever possible our team are always willing to assist and promise you a perfect meeting and stay. I would share your comments with my team and look forward to welcoming you again should your travel bring you back to Shanghai.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed for 4 days on Business. This is the 2nd time I have stayed here and both times I have had a great room. internet access was dreadful first time but much improved on my 2nd stay. Good location next to Nanjing Road and had no problem getting a taxi. Nanjing Road is next door if you like being asked for a "lady massage" as soon as you step outside. Instead of Nanjing road take one of the other streets down to the Bund or elsewhere for more of a hassle free experience.

Generally good food and excellent service. I found it pricey although I have no comparison in Shanghai. I will book this hotel again when I am in Shanghai and would recommend it.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Leroyalmeridien_sh, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing the feedback with us regarding your recent stay.
We are happy that you had an overall good stay with us.
We are looking forward to having you back and being of service again in the near future.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Keep,coming back for this luxurious brunch,a real treat.
Don't go here if you're in a rush or if you're on a diet, a ral waist of time.
DO get the free flow Moët champagne or you'll regret it.

Best brunch I've ever had anywhere. The seafood selection is so fresh and fantastic. Lobster, prawn, sushi, oysters etc. There is an absolute abundance of all kinds of delicious fresh food and breakfast items. Come on a completely empty stomach, sit for at least three hours.
Don't forget to save room for the to die for dessert table including a wide selection of pastries, chocolate fountains, ice cream and cakes.... Oh yummie!

Service is excellent. There's a Dj playing lounge music and he takes requests.
Chinese models wearing sexy nurse costumes wheeling a cart around offering shots in plastic syringes is fun, maybe not that appropriate in my opinion as there are a lot of families with kids attending these brunches.

Reserv a table at least a few days ahead, or you'll get stuck with one in the back next to the children's area... Not to recommend if you're sans kids.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Leroyalmeridien_sh, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your dining experience with us on Tripadvisor.com.

We are very delighted to know that you enjoyed our award-winning la Vie en Rose Champagne Sunday Brunch. I have shared your compliments with the team and they are ready to present you with another memorable culinary journey the next time you stay with us.

Thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back in the future!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Just arrived from HK and the scariest taxi ride from Pudong airport, so the calm of The hotel was welcome. After a walk down to the bund and a cocktail on the roof terrace of the peace hotel, relaxing in the bath with views over the city( very Chinese !!!!)
So far, so good. Another 3 nights in Shanghai, so lets hope all remains tranquil!!!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Leroyalmeridien_sh, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor.com and we are delighted to have you stay with us.

It’s great to know that you enjoyed the tranquil environment and the stunning view during the stay, which hopefully had made your journey more relaxed and enjoyable.

We hope that your following 3 nights in Shanghai was as good as the first one. Look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed at this hotel twice in the last 2 weeks for a total of 9 nights and could not fault the property or the staff. The rooms could do with a little refurbishment but that is only from a personal view of some of the things being a little dated.
i am a regular traveller and work in the industry so see many hotels weekly and I have to say from a service point of view, the Royal Meridien Shanghai rates amongst the best I have experienced. The team from consierge, reception, business centre, housekeeping and bar/ restaurant were outstanding in both their politeness, efficency and ability to help with all our requests. i would have no hesitation in returning to this hotel or recommending it to clients or friends.
The location is right on People square, 2 minute walk to the metro and 15minutes to the Bund river. Safe and easy to spot from where you are as the tower of the hotel is so high and distinctive with the 2 points.

Room Tip: We were in an deluxe room and then upgraded on our return to the executive floor deluxe. First time...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Leroyalmeridien_sh, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for spending time and writing such a positive review regarding your recent stay with us.

It’s a great pleasure to know that you had a wonderful stay with us. We are appreciative yet humbled to be rated as one of the best, especially by a frequent traveler like you.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon should your travel bring you back to Shanghai.