“Best Value in Shanghai”

Manhattan Bund Business Hotel
Ranked #775 of 5,112 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed November 23, 2012

For 3 beds we paid $50 USD per night. Only a 1 minute walk to the Bund. Nanjing Rd. is only 5 minutes walk. Close to subways in case you want to visit Old Shanghai.

Room is immaculately clean and has a modern chic design. The lobby looks very ritzy and staff all speak great english. This hotel made Shanghai a perfect visit.

Room Tip: For tasty street food walk exit the hotel and walk left down the street towards Family Mart.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Manhattan Bund Business Hotel

Reviewed November 13, 2012

This hotel is my regular when I visit Shanghai. It has a good location - near to the bund, Nanjing road, near to subway station (Line 2), local eateries nearby.
Made two visits this year ...the first one was pretty bad. It was a first floor room. There was no shower curtain, shower cream was diluted, internet didn't work, no fridge, torn towel, stained bedsheets (wonder if the bedsheet was cleaned as it was creased up). I was about to give up on this hotel if my next visit saw similar standard.
The next visit was much better. Was in a 5th floor room. Everything worked (although internet was slow) and intact. So, I will continue to use this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights in October and had a fantastic time...The hotel is quite old with a very nice art deco decor. My room was on the ground floor and did not have a window, but was huge clean and comfy. The beds are hard, but all beds are hard in China. You are literally a 2 minute walk to the Bund and a 5 minute walk to Nanjing road. The cafe in the lobby is great...Really good sandwiches, pizza and coffee. The girl that worked the cafe was a gem!! It was her Birthday one night and she was giving everyone cake. If you want a clean affordable place that is close to all that Shanghai has to offer this place is for you! I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank LawrenceToronto
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I had booked this hotel because I had wanted to be close to the bund yet not rob a bank. Looking back I give myself (and ofcourse, the hotel) full marks!!!!

The Manhattan Bund hotel is really within a minute's walk to the most happening area of The Bund as well as Nanjing East street. The subway station is close by and so is the People's square, Nanjing West etc. YuYuan garden is a 15 minute walk away through the bund or 15 Yuan by Taxi. This hotel is also surrounded by hotels like Peace Hotel, Peninsula and Hyatt for those who want an exalted meal or drink experience at their roof top bars!

I had reserved a room without a window but did not rue my decision. The front desk and concierge were very helpful and spoke reasonable English. I used the concierge desk to book a G train ticket and this was done quickly and efficiently. I also had problems with my universal adapter and when I had mentioned this to the Front Desk, I was quickly provided with a replacement.

The room by itself was very good, clean and comfortable. The round bed was okay for me but may be a challenge for tall visitors. Bathroom space and amenities were good too. The hotel offers great value for money and reiterates my belief that economizing is not necessarily compromising.

Although I was alone during this visit to the hotel, I shall happily bring back my family or friends to stay here since the area and the hotel felt secure enough. The location couldn't have been better and this hotel offers a superb Value For Money experience. I recommend this hotel without any hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Holidaymonger
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The location is the good point of this Hôtel! It is very close to the Bund and Nanjing Road.
The Location/Price value is really good.
Most of the rooms have no window so the room could be a little smelly. When I arrive, I found that the bed sheets has not been changed (I found 2 black hairs on my pillow).
The bed sheets are brown (not white like most of hotels), is it to hide the dirtiness?

In Brief: great location but not sure of the cleanliness....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank tangbaozi
Reviewed October 13, 2012

ROOMS
Hit-or-Miss, depending on the type of room. Rooms are old but clean. Definitely better than most budget hotels I've been in the USA. Requested for a King Sized bed, but I was given a Round bed (with an overhead mirror). I guess I was given the honeymoon room. =)

Bathroom was nice and clean, but like the other reviewers here, I also noticed that FUNKY SMELL. Just close the bathroom door and let the exhaust fan do its job.

LOCATION
5 minute walk from the BUND, and 10 minute walk from Nanjing Road and the Nanjing Road East Metro Station. Several 24hr convenience stores nearby.

PRICE / OVERALL VALUE
Good budget hotel near the Bund/Nanjing Road area. There are hotels in the area with the same price range, but the quality is not as good as this.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank changky
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Rooms good size. Need update wallpaper and carpet very much. Great service and very helpful. Avg internet. Love location very ose to bund., yuan gsrdens, and nanjing road. We stayed 5 days. Desk clerk were helpful. Overall good for the price.

• Stayed: September 2012