Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Within 100 meter circle you reach The Bund and Nanjing St. and other attractions. The rooms are spacious being an old building, but the hotel lacks facilites. Clean, friendly staff, and location. What could be annoying, some men gather at the entrance promoting massages and sex partners for single men. So, if you are with your family, keep close to them, otherwise, you will be annoyed each time you enter or leave the hotel alone ! Breakfast is poor, but the roof top par where they serve it has nice views of the colonial architecture of the area.

Room tip: try to avoid the 3rd floor especially if they give you a back facade view. The windows are directly on the walkway and it gets creepy at night as you do not know if someone is standing out and looking inside!
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stayed at the Manhattan for a total of 6 days over the course of 2 weeks and I very much enjoyed my stay. The first three nights I stayed in a double which was 179 yuan a night which is about 27 dollars and it was well worth the money. The lobby was spectacular and the room was clean. The tv worked which can be tricky in China. They provided toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, shampoo and expensive aundry service. The hotel provides concierge services and umbrellas which are a godsend during typhoon season. There is also a breakfast provided for 48 yuan which is expensive and a beer was 25 yuan. This hotel was perfect the second time around. We secured a suite at 74 US dollars. It was a beautiful art nouveau room featured in a magazine. The bathroom was beautiful but there were no views of the Bund. Very clean and comfortable. Location is spectacular. Metro is a short distance and Bund is close. Taxis are readily available.

Room tip: You should ask staff for a window view and make sure the tv works before you unpack.
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank DelorisG4
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Stayed during end of May 2012. Check in was a breeze in spite of a lack of reception warmness at the front desk. ( Low in P.R.) Our room lights were somewhat dim ( need upgrading ), though we got used to it. The build up of the room seem small, however this is to be expected cos ur in prime location. H/keeping was done daily and to our satisfaction. We didn't use the room safe, cos getting to open and close it was a hassle, even the housekeeper has a trying time showing us how to do it. ( Safe was not user-friendly ). The corridors was tastefully done -art decor. It's an old hotel but well maintained. Two PCs on every floor in the foyer, but the lights were horribly dim and that's the max! I had to squint my eyes, typing on the keyboards. Only two lounge chairs at the reception area, clearly not the place to laze or hang around.
Location is excellent, very near the bunds, we were there every night, just taking in the scenery and chilling out. Safety wise, there was noticeable police presence near every place where crowds gather. Felt safe and not intimidated. Just 5-10 mins walk to Nanjing Street ( Pedestrian Mall ) and to the metro station. Very impressed with the public transport. There was a metro train very minute. Fast and economical way to travel and wander around. A variety of food stalls, restaurants around, as you walk away from the bund towards the inner city. Shanghai is rich in history and the old buildings reflect the various foreign countries that had once " muscled in " on this city. A lovely place to visit.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank okayama
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I think this is one of the best hotels regarding value for price in downtown Shanghai. The location is perfect - directly on the Bund and a few minutes away from Nanjing Rd. The style inside the hotel is a bit old but nothing wrong with that. The rooms are clean and the service is ok (Concierge was very helpful!!). The bathrooms are quite small but clean (which is the most important) and also more than enough if you spend most of your time outside in the city!

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank PiperMaru2012
Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

First of all, there probably aren't any hotels in this price class which can beat the location of the Manhattan business hotel. It's right next to the bund, and within 5 minutes walking of Nanjing road.

The front desk staff was friendly upon check in and the other staff I encountered were all friendly as well.

The hallways are nicely decorated and so was my room. It was a 2 person room, which was on the small side. There was one glazed window which couldn't be opened, but I don't see why you would want to open a window in a Shanghai summer anyway. The airco worked very well.

The bathroom is very small but there are plenty of amenities, as well as 2 complimentary 0.5l water bottles that were supplied each day. I could receive WiFi in my room which was reasonably fast.

The cleanliness of the room was fine for Chinese standards. The dry cleaning service was quite cheap and fast, although they failed to get some stains out of my shirt.

The breakfast is a bit pricey at 48RMB but there is a decent selection of food and drinks.

Overal I've had no complaints during my 3 night stay, and for the money I can definitely recommend it to anyone.

2  Thank CrimsonNL
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveler and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.