“Highly recommended” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #36 of 4,968 Hotels in Shanghai
Verona, Italia
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

Very nice hotel in the city centre, I highly recommend it for its excellent position right on the Renmin Square, just one minute walk from the metro station. My room was clean and spacious, the check-in procedure was quick and efficient.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Clive M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

I sincerely appreciate your positive comments regarding our location directly opposite People’s Square and am very pleased you found the room and check in to your liking. We are also very lucky to be located on Nanjing Road, a true shopping paradise and also only a short walk to the Bund.

Again, thank you for your positive review and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Warmest regards

Clive Murray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
gurgaon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

I booked this hotel through Makemytrip.com and got a confirmed booking for Check-in date 18th July 2014 for 2 nights. My hotel Booking number given by makemytrip is NH210613682257.
During check-in I was asked to give my credit card for security and the lady at the reception charged it for INR 7970.35. When I enquired I was told that this is security amount and this will be refunnded during check-out.
On the date of check-out I had to clear my food bill. I asked the lady at the reception to adjust the food bill through my already swapped card. But she insisted that I pay by cash and the security amount will be credited back in my account in next 7 days.
To my horror I got my credit card statement last week with INR7970.35 showing as debit which my bank wants me to pay. I am feeling absolutely betrayed and such kind of un-professional attitude is not expected by Radisson Blu.
I tried to find the feedback form on hotel's website but i could not find it. neither I could find any phone number where I can register my complaint. Getting an attorney is the only solution I find now.
The stay was wonderful but I am feeling betrayed.

Room Tip: Any room above 25th floor will give good views
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Clive M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

I was most concerned to read of your concerns so I took the liberty to fully investigate. Upon checking in to the hotel, your credit card was pre-authorized for RMB1,000. This is standard practice throughout the world. This is a temporary hold on funds and is reversed upon check out. After your two day stay, your final bill came to RMB788.95, with the remaining RMB211.05 to be refunded to your card. I can assure you that no over-charging or theft has taken place on your credit card and I am more than happy to further explain this to you with relevant documentation if you wish to contact me via email at cmurray@radisson,com.

New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

Lovely central hotel with two rooms in Suite each with a TV! Fantastic buffet with more types of fish than I knew there were in the sea! Taxi from Pu Dong Airport is 170 of local money; that is about 34 NZD. Not bad for 50 min ride. Hotel is above subway to Airport but I could not find an esculator down for return trip, just lots of steps. So took another taxi.

Room Tip: Higher up the better the view
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Clive M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

Thank you so much for your positive comments regarding our hotel. I am very pleased you enjoyed our deluxe room with a separate work area and adjoining bedroom and of course our sumptuous seafood buffet in Windows on the Park restaurant. The hotel is directly above 3 subway lines making accessibility very easy. The hotels location on Nanjing Road is the epicenter of Shanghai, with shopping, dining and entertainment all within a short walk.

Tokyo, Japan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

The free internet is almost useless. If it can provide a stable internet, I prefer to pay for it. The breakfast may be not the worst hotel I met, but it is hard to say I am satisfied with it. The terrible thing I met with this hotel was it no hot water supply when i take half of my shower. Btw, there is no separate shower room.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

2 Thank Yuan Z
Clive M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

I was most concerned to learn of your concerns during your recent stay, particularly the hot water issue. We haven’t received any comments regarding loss of hot water in any room so I am most confused how this could occur, however we will continually strive to deliver the best possible service. I am pleased tom advise that we are in the middle of an upgrade to our internet that will rectify any slowness in the system. This upgrade is both a hardware and bandwidth upgrade.

We have a wide variety of room types and approximately 70% of the hotel has separate baths and showers.

Again, thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Warmest regards

Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed here for two nights and was thoroughly pleased. Although it seems the hotel mostly gears towards business stays, we were very comfortable and the staff (who all speak English) where very friendly with us, and very professional. Located in the heart of Shanghai, easy access to the metro station and taxis are always available outside the hotel. Cheers Radisson, you've been good to us!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Clive M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

The heart of Shanghai is best way to describe the location of our hotel. Nanjing Road is the epicenter of Shanghai and being located on Nanjing Road, a short walk to the Bund and directly above 3 subway lines, allows our guests the ultimate in convenience. I am very pleased our staff delivered our famous “Yes I Can” service and you found the hotel very comfortable.

Mannheim, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

While on a business trip to Shanghai in July 2014, I had the pleasure to stay in this really nice place. The room was clean, well organized and split into a small office room, a bed room and the bath room, effectively making it a mini suite. Besides the obvious advantages that you can work while your significant other can sleep, watch TV, etc. this also means that you don't share a wall with the bedrom in the next suite... All in all, the room was extremely quiet, well kept and clea. Loved it.

The hotel has its own door towards the shopping mall located next to it, making it very cconvenient to spent bsome money on the usual stuff you forgot at home. :-) otherwise, everything interesting in downtown Shanghai can be reached on foot or by public transport within minutes. Personally, I think the Bund is the farest I'd walk on foot. For visits to PuDong I took the subway (the entrance is located less than 50m to the south-west from the hotel entrance).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Clive M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

I am very pleased you enjoyed stay with us and found our location and rooms to your liking. As you have highlighted, we are directly above the metro station (3 lines), directly across People’s Square and easily access to New World shopping mall. The hotel’s location means everything is nearby, making this hotel in Shanghai truly convenient.

Trondheim, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 4 weeks during my visit to the SJTU. The hotel has very good service. It is a perfect location for visiting Shanghai with the metro station just outside of the hotel. There is also a stop for the open tourist busses just outside the hotel. This busses gives an easy access to the most famous locations in Shanghai.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Clive M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

Four weeks is a very long time to stay in any hotel so I am very pleased to learn that our staff looked after you and you found the hotel to your liking. As you have highlighted, we are directly above the metro station (3 lines), directly across People’s Square and surrounded by a huge array of shopping, entertainment and dining. We are also on a short walk to the Bund and Shanghai Museum, making Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World the best place to base yourself when exploring Shanghai.