“Good Business Hotel”

Ranked #39 of 5,105 Hotels in Shanghai
Mumbai
“Good Business Hotel”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Everything from the reception,rooms, to the staff was good, breakfast was spread out and had varities. The best part was the revolving restaurant with live music at the top. Really enjoyed the stay out there

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MalayNandu
Clive M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I am even more pleased that you experienced our amazing revolving restaurant Epicure on 45 with panoramic views across Shanghai and the equally impressive Sky Dome Bar on the 47th floor with live music 7 days per week. In Shanghai there is no better location than our hotel and it’s the ideal location to base yourself to explore this truly beautiful city.

Clive Murray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Roedekro, Denmark
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

I had 4 great nights at this hotel. Everything from reception, through rooms and restaurant were great. Only thing to remark was the massage skills In the fitness area. I'm doubting whether these girls were educated In that regard. But anyway - i strongly recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Holger_JR
Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

I sincerely appreciate your strong recommendation of our hotel. I am pleased that our service, rooms and restaurants met your expectations. I have personally discussed your comments with our Spa to ensure the massage therapists deliver quality treatments.

I hope you had the opportunity to enjoy our Sky Dome Bar on our 47th floor with panoramic views across the Shanghai skyline with its live music 7 days per week and our amazing Epicure on 45 revolving restaurant. At 208 meters above ground, there is no better place to view the Shanghai skyline.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 4, 2014

The hotel is very much geared towards those staying for business rather than leisure. Conforming to the expectations of the Radisson brand, they offer all of the expected amenities but little to amaze someone travelling on holiday. That said, the location by People's Park is pretty decent and walking to The Bund is possible. The rooms are pretty comfortable, clean and have good bathrooms. Nothing to complain about here. I've stayed several times and the staff have always been consistently professional and courteous. The rooftop restaurant is the same gimmick seen at other rotating venues but the food is above average. That said, I wouldn't recommend spending much time in the hotel other than to sleep, eat breakfast and use the gym (this is better than many hotels but still not great).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank DuncanEF
Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

As a regular traveler to our hotel I sincerely appreciate your support and your feedback is extremely important to us. As you have highlighted, our location in Shanghai is second to none. The hotel is ideally located on Nanjing Road, directly above 3 subway lines and only a short walk to the Bund.

Tauranga, New Zealand
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I stayed here with my daughter on our way home for 3 nights. We booked a double room and thought the room size was good and it was nice to have a bath.
The location was great, close to the main shopping area and parks.

If you get a cab from the airport make sure you have the hotel name and address written in Chinese, our taxi drive had no idea about where we needed to go and we had to stop at another hotel for him to get instructions.

The hotel has a grand entrance way, a small foyer cafe, and two restaurants. We ate at both and enjoyed the meals. The restaurant at the top rotates and provides amazing views across Shanghai, well worth the cost.

My only criticism is the state of our first room, the corner of the ceiling was falling in over the bath. I would say it was caused by a lack of ventilation and the board had become soft. After the second day and the ceiling dropping more I asked to be moved. It took a couple of attempts to get someone to have a look at the ceiling and then we were moved to a room that had no view and smelt smokey. I thought they might have given us a room that at least had the same lovely view.

All in all, it was okay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I sincerely apologise for the defect you encountered in your room. Your feedback is valuable to us as we constantly strive to improve our product and services. Your tip about ensuring you have the hotel name in Chinese is very important. Most hotels have a Chinese name that differs from the English name and most Chinese taxi drivers don’t speak English it’s very advisable to carry the Chinese name and address.

Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

My trip to Radisson blu new world was with business tour. Probably because of fail tour management I had to stay in a non windowed heavy smoke smelling room which feels like a prison cell. After all my protests they changed my room with a room that looks like a radisson hotel room.
I want to critise hotel management about 2 points. First was the old fashioned carpets which cant be cleaned properly and causing health problems for ppl who may have allergy and asthma. Second one was the air conditioning that needs to be replaved by new filters or such maintanence not to cause problems.

Other than these 2 points everything was fine. Breakfast gets my top score and the staff was so friendly.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

You are correct in your comment that your tour company booked a certain type of room type and during your dates of stay the hotel was fully booked thus changing rooms was challenging. However, I am pleased that we managed to accommodate your needs. I am a little surprised by your comments that the carpets are old as they were replaced in the last two years. Maybe you felt the pattern of the carpet was old fashioned but I do appreciate your feedback. On a positive note, thank you for your comments regarding our breakfast and service staff.

Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Very bad experience at the reception during check in, staff was very rude and inexperienced to handle guest, they have no idea on the rooms and have given the key to the rooms where already guests are staying and not one time 3 times, was very embarrassing. Even after this to my surprises order a veg pasta without beef and 2 times it has come with beef...what else to say I guess this hotel staff lacks in English speaking in every field and a proper action must be taken to improvise and until things get better people should blacklist this property from staying here

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

Your comments concerned me a great deal thus I investigated fully your concerns. You were part of a large tour group and the room you were assigned was done by the Tour Leader. At one stage you were unable to access your room as your room mate had double locked the door. The Tour Leader found you another room in your group that for some reason you didn’t accept. You came back again to Front Desk asking for another room but we had to keep referring you to the Tour Leader. At no time did the hotel check you into guest rooms with other guests intentionally, as these rooms were assigned by your Tour Leader. I do however sincerely apologise for the error with your pasta. This is unacceptable and we have taken steps to ensure this doesn’t happen again.
On a positive note, upon your departure you did thank our Front Office Manager for your stay thus I believe you did manage to enjoy your experience with us.

Mumbai
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Loved staying at this hotel. The location is right in the heart of the city. Spectacular view from the roof top. The food is superb, especially the Indian selections. Perfect for vegetarian Indians like me who find it a tad bit difficult to get the right food all the time. Good rooms and lovely bathrooms. Recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SidJain
Clive M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

We are very pleased you enjoyed stay with us. As you have mentioned, we have amazing location in the heart of Shanghai, this is a great hotel to base yourself when visiting Shanghai. Surrounded by a huge array of shopping, entertainment and dining, our location on Nanjing Road is only a short walk to the Bund. We are also directly above 3 subway lines, which further adds convenience to your trip. I am also very pleased that you experienced our Epicure on 45 revolving restaurant and experienced some of our cuisine. Indian cuisine is just one of the styles of food on offer, European, Chinese and Japanese are the others. The restaurant also has panoramic views across Shanghai and revolves so you will witness the entire skyline of Shanghai.

Again, thank you for your positive review.