“Excellent service”

Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World
Ranked #36 of 4,998 Hotels in Shanghai
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I just arrved today and will post a another review at the end of my 23 day stay but so far I am already pretty impressed with the service of the staff. I used to stay in the Four Seasons in Weihai Road and have stayed also in the Hyatt in Shanghai. These hotels are pretty good and have an excellent service also but I thought it would be nice to stay closer to Nanjing road. I am not writting this quick review because of the very good location of the Radisson Blu NW but for another impressive reason. I came to the hotel sooner than expected and the sales department made sure that a room was ready for me even if I checked in a few hours before expected. Than when I checked in at the reception, who were very helpfull, the head and manager of the sales department (Tina and Sharon) made sure to personaly great me when checking in and even escorted me to my room. In my opinion when a hotel does this it means that they really care about their guests. I have travelled throughout the world and only experienced this when I was staying in St Petersburg Russia in one of the Accor group hotels and one time I was in Bali Indonesia. So thank you Radisson Blu New World Shanghai for this excellent service. I am not writing as much as I should on Tripadvisor but this surely needs to be mentioned.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jeharting
Maurice C, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Jeharting,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor with regards to your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World. I am glad to hear that your first impressions of our hotel have been excellent and thank you for all your nice comments about the hotel/check in/interaction with Tina and Sharon. Please do not hesitate to contact me via the telephone operator should you need anything to make your stay more comfortable. I do hope that you will enjoy the rest of your stay with us and after departure, I look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you back to Shanghai.

Maurice Cook

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

The Raddison is located across the road from Peoples Square and walking distance tot eh Shanghai Museum. You can also walk to the Bund from there as well but a taxi is pretty cheap anyway only 14 rmp. The restaurant at the top is revolving and food was fabulous - however the wine is expensive and not good at all - I think the red chianti glass of wine I had had been open for a long time, not nice. Good service, views were brilliant

Room Tip: We had a superior king room - good enough size
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lizoconnor,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor with regards to your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have noted your comment about the wine, had you brought it to the attention of the staff at the time, I am sure that they would have been only too happy to change it for you.I look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you back to Shanghai.

Haifa, Hefa, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

I've recently stayed at this hotel with my family for 2 nights. We were 3 adults in one room. The room was quiet small for 3 people, but the view for the room is fantastic, especially at higher floors.
Beds were very comfortable, and bathroom was well equipped.
The hotel is located near Nanjing shopping road, and is close to the subway station.
Breakfast buffet is excellent - tasty food and large variety.
Totally a very positive experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Maurice C, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear 38_traveler_38,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor with regards to your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you back to Shanghai.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We recently spent three nights on the 30th floor above the park-great views. The location is great, as it is very central, and next to a big shopping area, malls and Nanjing pedestrian street.
The room was divided into two, as the entrance had an area with a desk for business or Internet.
That area has its on TV, and of course another one in the main sleeping area. The bathroom is very spacious with nice amenities. The breakfast buffet was fantastic, lots of choices, high quality.
The only issue I had was, that the Wi Fi in the room (Thanks For that!) what go in and out at times. I learned later that if you call the manager on duty, they can help, and block people who do heavy downloading or watching videos on line, which slows it down for the others.....On the 45th floor there is a revolving restaurant, amazing views of Shanghai, we have not eaten there, If you don't want a meal, you can have a drink in the bar area.
I would stay there again, anytime....

Room Tip: Upper floors have great views
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ronwol,

Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I visited Radisson Blu Hotel for a business trip and stayed there for 3 nights. I really like the hotel. It's close to the malls and shopping area. The room is clean and comfortable. The staff is really nice and polite. The housekeeping is great. I really like the breakfast which is excellent. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Maurice C, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Moncing,

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

+ Best location; close to central subway station; walkable distance to many location (including my favorite food spots in Huanghe Road)
+ Front staff is helpful: including check-in desk & concierge

- Maids need to ring doorbell or knock on door before entering rooms to clean: was in the room 2 or 3 times, and suddenly someone tried to walk in (though can't say she was barging in)
- Dome bar not worth it. Ok view, aircon was pretty bad.

Dear Leekaho,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor with regards to your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Sorry about the air-conditioning at the Sky Dome Bar, no fault with the system except that since it is the roof top covered in glass as a roof, earlier on in the evenings the bar tends to be a bit warm on hot summer days...I look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you back to Shanghai.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Our stay in Radisson Blu from Sept 4-11th, 2013, was a great experience. The location of the hotel is wonderful: close to Subway station--you can access it through the dept. store next store; close to Nanjing pedestrian street, which is a lot of fun walking around in the evening; close to restaurants in Huanghe Road and Nanjing Road. Heard a lot about expensive breakfast before we stayed. It cost about 35 dollars per person, but it is good western food and comparable to other five-star hotels. I found a nice, clean chinese breakfast place within 3 minutes walking for 2 dollars per person. My husband and father-in-law ate at the hotel and I went out for my cheap and nice Chinese breakfast. Staff spoke good English. They give you bottled watera and chocolate each day--a nice touch. Price is great compared with other five-stars. We had our last meal on the 45th floor revolving restaurant. The view was great and food too. Shower tub is a bit small. Other than that, this is a great hotel You can't go wrong with it. I definately will come back if opportunities arise!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Maurice C, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Hanna,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor with regards to your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for all your nice comments about the hotel facilities and the staff, much appreciated. I look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you back to Shanghai.