“Fab location”

Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World
Ranked #36 of 5,112 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Ok , my first time staying at this hotel . It is about my 20th or so visit to shanghai and I found tithe perfect location . The hotel was abuzz with the run up to Chinese New Year. And the facilities in and very close by are great . If you stay here you must have a cocktail up in the bar on the to floor .it's a great view. The rooms are comfortable with a surprisingly comfortable bed ( unusual for shanghai they are normally extremely hard ) although compact , there is a fridge and kettle and complimentary water. The rooms are fairly well decorated . Mine was on the 8th floor with no view whatsoever of shanghai itself just a flat roof outside. The upside was that I was only steps away from the pool and gym . Unfortunately the housekeeping staff were extremely noisy directly outside my room and the dnd electronic sign in my room seemed to switch itself off and I was disturbed a few times during my 3 night stay . On arrival I discovered a clump of long dark matted hair in my bed ( not mine) to sum up I would hope that next time I would encounter better attention to detail and I must say that all staff members I spoke to were very helpful and polite. My shoes were polished, my shirt was washed and ironed and the hotel even put a DVD player in my room for me on request . All in all its a good ,central hotel

Room Tip: Not the 8th floor . No view .
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Once again on my most recent stay in Shanghai I stay here at the Radisson.
4th time and still can't beat the value and location.
Booked my whole trip through Expedia and thus couldn't use my Club Carlson for points, my only disappointment.
The restaurants service is still very slow but housekeeping still does a incredible job and is very quick.
Hint: for transfers to and from the airport use Shanghai Taxi Service, they're rates can't be beat and the service is always top notch.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed here 3 nights in February. Already before we arrived, the hotel helped us with arranging tickets etc. The service was excellent all the time, and as non-chinese speaking, the help is invaluab

The rooms were clean and spacious, and complementary water and chocolate was provided every day. The view from the room was very nice - the Pearl tower.

We would definitely come back,

Room Tip: 2002 was very nice!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Best location possible, across the street from People´s Park a must visit for morning walks, among beautiful gardens, lakes and people doing tai chi, martial arts etc. The hotel is located on right in the middle of east Nanjing Rd. (the old and traditional part) and west Nanjing Rd. the new and premium part, so if you wanna see the capitalism taking place in China, and enjoy some grate shopping, stay at this hotel. Our room was on floor 34 with a great view and great comfort, first class beds, pillows, big modern bathroom with bathtub, plenty of towels and bodycare products. The hotel is very modern, has a lot luxury details, the breakfast buffet is huge, with all kinds of west and east choices, is in fact a brunch. We did not have the time to eat at the top revolving restaurant, which looked so cool, we´ll do it the next trip to Shanghai, certainly the same hotel...

Room Tip: everybody smokes in China, so make sure to ask for a non-smoking room if you hate the smoke smell. O...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank El-Panita
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Superb experience.....great location, lovely clean room, magnificent breakfast....terrific value for money. Lovely staff and bellboys.....very keen to assist with taxis, brushing away the unregistered versions.....translating.....wouldn't even remotely consider staying anywhere else in next trip. First class.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2013

First time in Shanghai and really pleased with the hotel.
We arrived 10 past midnight on New Years day. They told us that we could not have the double bed the we had booked online. After a few words with the trainee receptionist, her senior colleague intervened and we were offered an upgrade to a suite for the same price. Great, now that is good service. It was New Year (1st Jan, not the Chinese new year) and we wanted it to be special for us.
On our first day we went up to the revolving "saucer" at the top of the hotel and we were stunned by the view. We decided to stay for lunch and get a birds-eve view of the city. What a brilliant idea. I recommend lunch in the revolving restaurant to all. Pick your table so that you get a good view of Pudong in the course of your lunch. It takes 2 hours to do a full 360 degrees, so bear that in mind.
Only shortcoming was the breakfast area is above the ground floor area and is open to cold air coming in the front of the hotel. It was January, cold, unexpectedly colder that usual and so it was not comfortable to linger over breakfast.

Room Tip: Online bookings may not guarantee what you want. Booking through Club Carlson (the owners) will give...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel three or four times. The value is excellent. The price point is reasonable for business and the service is exceptionally good. The restaurant and room service options are very good. The room and bed are quite comfortable. I had an average room this stay and enjoyed plenty of room and a view of the people's park across the street. I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in Shanghai.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business