“Shanghai fake silk Museum !!!”

Shanghai Jiangnan Silk Museum
Ranked #105 of 1,323 things to do in Shanghai
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Silk Museum is an educational tour of the entire process from growing and feeding the silkworms to collecting the silk threads and the factory production of silk textiles. Quality silk bedding and products may be purchased here.
Reviewed May 23, 2013

After a fast and very short explanation of silk, they took us to the retail store. The price was very reasonably. I checked the quilt if it is real silk inside, and it was. I was also sure that such a registered place would never cheat. I hadn't chance to proof whats in the pillow cuz they had been in a vacuum pouches and without zipper. When came back home and opened the vacuum pouches I felt that it is not same quality like the quilt. I have torn it immediately and it was not 100% silk it was 100% Polyster !!!! I am really angry because I trusted them. When I go back to Shanghai...!
Please beware!!!!!!!!!

9  Thank Avi_shan_13
There are newer reviews for Shanghai Jiangnan Silk Museum

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We almost skipped this, but our guide suggested we just go for a short visit to learn about the history of silk and how it is harvested. We found this very interesting and being from Texas, we really had no use for silk comforters - but the prices seemed reasonable. We declined to go further into the retail part of the store since we did not plan on making a purchase.

1  Thank DonandVonAustin
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Worth a stop for these prices you wont find it any cheaper. Was worth our trip and lucky that our tour went here as well. Great quality and very reasonable prices.

2  Thank silent_21
Reviewed December 2, 2012

A very quick explanation of the silk making process. Then it was onto the selling part of the tour - we were not interested in purchasing anything but just happy to admire the beautiful quilts, pillow cases etc.

1  Thank Pumpkin20
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Like so many other experiences in China - jade, pearls, art museums - the Silk Museum is a bit museum and history and lot retail. The quilts and pillows are very reasonably priced. While the duvets and sham covers are not inexpensive, they are much cheaper than the comparable items in the US, plus they have a range of costs depending on the quality. On the upper level is a retail store selling various silk items of clothing and silk carpets. I thought the custom tailoring was of only mediocre quality, though the fabrics seemed first class. There was a range of silk carpets which one could bargain for. It would require someone with knowledge of silk carpets to know whether they were paying a fair price or not. In China and many other places one simply has to ignore the pushy sales persons. It goes with the territory.

3  Thank Papa26