We stayed 2 nights to escape Shanghai for a weekend. To get there from Shanghai we took metro line 9 and from there took a cab to the hotel. It is near Happy Valley theme park which is a good time and the Sculpture Park. I heard the hotel does have shuttle to and from the train station but we arrived late in the evening. Arrival at the resort was friendly from the door staff and the front desk. The lobby is well designed with lounges and spaces to hangout. The conference space is right off the lobby so in the lobby there were convention sign in tables which took away from the beauty of the lobby and you realized we are in a convention hotel. The grounds of the hotel, with the small beach, beach volleyball court, water features, the beautiful wedding pavilion and the outdoor pool looked really nice for good weather. It was cold and rainy when we were staying and of course the pool closed due to the time of year but it looks great with good weather. The room was nice, the paint choices in the room a little unfortunate coral and turquoise walls and the chairs were wicker reminded me of Golden Girls 1980 style. The TV nice and big with it a rainy weekend we looked forward to relaxing and getting caught up on TV shows but unable to hook our devices to the TV for there wasn't any guest accessible inputs which was disappointing to not be able to use this great TV. The bathtub was nice and big and the bed comfortable. We did one morning try to call for room service and order french toast which was on the menu and was told it was not available we asked for pancakes and told they were not available. We decided we would not order room service and went down to the buffet. On the buffet was french toast. The staff in the restaurant were very attentive the 2 meals we had there. The food was much better than I expected living in China but after 2 days I had enough of it. We asked the concierge on how to get to the Sculpture Park which is right there. We were told and walked to the hotel entrance to the Sculpture Park and were asked for our tickets. We didn't have tickets and showed them our room key. She looked into the sleeve for the tickets and showed us what they should look like from the hotel. We called the hotel and said we were at the gate and needing tickets. They said they will send someone out and bring us the tickets. It was cold and a walk back to the hotel so this was great service but it was cold. The ladies collecting tickets let us go and waiting for the tickets which was really nice of them. The Sculpture Park is nice to walk around we and another couple I think were the only ones there. It was nice to walk around I bet it is really nice in the Spring/Summer they have boats you can rent. A nice escape from Shanghai, I think it is primarily a convention hotel. It is not up to the quality standards and upkeep of other Le Meridian properties we have stayed in other parts of the world but for China standards it is pretty good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located by the shore of the Shanghai's largest lake, the stylish Le Meridien She Shan set amidst the natural beauty of the She Shan National Tourism Resort. The biggest amusement park in china (Happy Valley) and Chen Shan Botanical Park are only a walking distance away. Metro Line 9 can take you from urban district to hotel conveniently. It's an ideal place for conference and leisure!The 326-bedroom hotel is located within the National Tourist Resort District of She Shan in the northern part of Song Jiang Satellite City in Shanghai. Surrounded by 47 square kilometers of Shanghai's most natural and picturesque landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Yuluxe Sheshan, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien She Shan Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Le Meridien Shanghai
- Meridien She Shan Shanghai
- Shanghai Le Meridien