Salvo Hotel Shanghai
$84
Kingtown Hotel(Shanghai)
$50
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnanjing roadlate at nightmin walkmetro stationfloorenglishconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The location of this hotel is its best attribute! A few minutes of walking and you are in the Bund or Nanjing Road. There are several nice restaurants around and the view in their restaurant which is located at the 31st floor is stunning- directly facing the new Pudong area. One can seen the Shanghai tower under construction which will be the second tallest tower in the world upon its completion next year. The rooms has the look and smell of antiquity are is quite big. I have only two problems with this hotel and these are 1. No wifi in room (although LAN is available for free) if you have a laptop and 2. the gym which is pathetic and too small, and their one and only treadmill doesnt seem to work. If these things are your main concerns avoid this hotel otherwise it is a good hotel.

Room Tip: choose a non smoking room
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Having stayed in a few places, this hotel I will recommend as "value for money". I booked the hotel on the internet (through a reputable third party website) and therefore was sent to level 31 to check in. What a view you get through the large windows. At night, the view was better - you get to see the city lights.
We stayed on level 21. No smell of cigarette. Nice comfortable room. We got an excellent sleep. The shower water pressure was even better than our own at home!! Hot and cold water controls were working well.
For the price, the breakfast should be consider above average - very good.
Internet service is available through ASDL port in the rooms. However, we went to level 31 restaurant for complimentary wifi internet service. connection was good.
Distance to the metro exit was about 10 minutes. However, this was made up with the convenience to nanjinglu shopping malls and many convenience shops and eateries nearby.
Got a taxi to bring us to Longyang station very easily at 7 am in the morning. However I THINK, I would have preferred taking the tunnel route across Huangpo river and saved some money. Instead, the taxi cost the same price as the Maglev ticket by going over the expressway bridge.

Room Tip: choose a room facing the bund
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2013

very good Hotel to stay in. Walkable distance from BUND and near to TV Tower and other attractions of Shanghai. Nice restaurant for Breakfast and good rooms with quite a fine amenities. electronics market is nearby and also the shopping area. Can just walk around in night at the walkway near Bund along side river.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Prithvi362
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We were pleased with our choice of hotel in Shangai - price very reasonable - good breakfasts, and had a suite with an amazing view over the Oriental Pearl Tower and surrounding area!

Very easily accessible from East Nanjig Road Subway, with not even a 10 minute walk to the hotel along an interesting side-street filled with stalls and shops and restaurants.

Strange bathroom set-up though - space certainly not well utilised with a sliding door between the bath / shower and rest of the bathroom! Also not possible for 2 people to be in the bathroom at the same time!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Whenever I go on a trip abroad I usually look at the rating people give the hotels I have been booked! Luckily I said I got one that had a 4 Star Rating from reviewers which made me delighted to get to the hotel from the airport. As soon as I got out of the service van that was arranged for me and got in the hotel my 4 star expectation dimmed into a 2 star anxiety, I had been to some 3 star rated hotels but was very satisfied by what I saw, I requested for a non smoking room but instead got a room situated in a smoking floor. The moment I got in the room I started to sneeze incessantly, So much for my uber sensitive nose, am I having a cold or am I having allergies. Each day I had wondered about this sudden fit of sneezing spells from time to time not knowing if the pollen was all around me, until my mom stayed in her room one day and found out they don't vacuum the room at all and they don't even change the sheets, linen and pillow cases at all, unless you request for it. The breakfast was not spectacular and the dining area floor was slippery. I could only guess if it was floor wax or cooking oil from a open counter where eggs were fried. So much for bargains! I heard they don't cost a lot, but just wished I got booked to the next door hotel at Westin.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business