“Nice try, but in a terrible condition”

Shanghai Science and Technology Museum
Ranked #74 of 1,323 things to do in Shanghai
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I've been there today and I have to say that the building itself looks very impressive and promissing. I also liked the animal part of the museum a lot, even though it is better to go to the Shanghai Zoo if you want to see more than those figures.
Anyway, I was most interested into the Space/Computer/Robots part of the museum and unfortunately I found out that almost every attraction was out of service. Only four robots actually moved. There where three "dancing" ones (all moving in the same way) and one who played a piano. Actually this guy was kinda lame too because I expected it to play like a human with pretty awesome skills. Instead it only played the ABC-song with two fingers began anew when it finished. Seriously every music box sounds much greater than this. It was just emberassing.

Fortunately the price isn't too high, a normal ticket is 60 Yuan, a student ticket like mine 30 Yuan.

There are newer reviews for Shanghai Science and Technology Museum

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was very disappointed. I expected real science and technology museum. But instead of this I found some very poor exhibitions and a lot of multimedia materials. First time in my life I visited museum where amounts of pictures of exhibits was higher than real exhibits. Can a picture of robot/spider/rocket be interesting?

4  Thank Ewa E
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This museum is in a huge glass modern building. A lot of the exhibits are interactive and interesting for both kids and adults. The first floor exhibits for me were the best, especially the forest impressions where you walked along and through caves on paths over bridges within a forest environment, all indoors. The Earth exploration where you go down into tunnels and see all the displays of rocks and minerals was also an interesting experience. There are 4 floors of exhibits as well as films and IMAX 3D theater shows too. They have suggested self guided tours for the family, adults, teenagers etc. Allow a good part of the day. Easy to get to via metro, Shanghai science & Tech Station.

1  Thank TripperC2010
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We had a very nice visit to this museum. They did a beautiful job with information from people all over the world and the history behind the sources. Very nice museum and it even has a restaurant where you can eat. All nice and clean.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I've been to this museum a few times and it has been hard to see some of the interactive exhibits because there are so many people and the Chinese are real pushers and shovers. A lot of exhibits did not work - I just think they get so much use. But the exhibits are highly interactive and kids and adults alike will really enjoy it.

1  Thank Kathy L