“Wonderful Bathhouse”

Book In Advance
More Info
$78.00*
and up
Hot Pot Dining Experience including Hot Spring Bathing or River Cruise in...
Shanghai, China
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful Bathhouse”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My friend brought me here after he went once before and really enjoyed it. As I had never been to a bathhouse before, I was a little hesitant, but it was a great experience. The most notable thing about it is how clean it is. There's nothing I can't stand more than a wet, filthy place. Considering all the people that were there, the hot springs, stone saunas, and other lounging areas were all incredibly well-kept. I had been to another bathhouse in China after this experience, and it was nowhere near as clean as this one, even though the admission price is similar. My friend and I ended up spending a whole afternoon in the pools and saunas at Gokurakuyu and then later on relaxing and reading a book on one of their comfy sofas. Before we left, we also ate some Japanese cuisine in their restaurant area right above the communal space. I would highly recommend this bathhouse for a nice, relaxing day.

Visited October 2013