“Comfortable Stay and convinience being near to Hi-tech Park”

Ramada Plaza Shanghai Caohejing
Ranked #142 of 5,105 Hotels in Shanghai
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Comfortable Stay and convinience being near to Hi-tech Park”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I recently stayed at this property for a week. I was booked in standard room and my observations are as follows
1) The room is quite spacious and can easily accommodate 2 people without inconvenience. Bed was quite comfortable.
2) Room provides all the facilities such as refrigerator, all required toiletries, etc.
3) I find AC to be less effective. However as the weather changed after a day, I did not face much of a problem with AC.
4) The breakfast has wide range and was really good.
5) I tried with Chinese as well as their continental restaurant and the experience was pretty bad. The continental restaurant has very limited menu and the dishes offered are average.
6) Check-in and check-out was pretty quick.

Overall I am satisfied with my staying experience and will recommend to others as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have stayed at this Ramada many times in the last few years. Although a bit far away from the area my business is concentrated , it was always a good option considering comfort at a reasonable (price).
Last year , however, I was a bit disappointed with the conditions of the rooms. The service was regular as always but the lack of maintenance of the rooms was really evident.
It is really a shame , as the cost benefit of this hotel was really great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 27, 2014

For an international brand hotel, Ramada tries to impart an image of good quality hotel unlike road-side shut-eye motels run by independent owners in the US. But, when it comes to the level of service, they hardly reach the level expected of in truly high class hotels.

I stayed at a suite room arranged by my client because there was no regular room available. I was told by the client that the use of the executive lounge was provied as part of the package. Normally, I would not use the privilege even if provided. But, as I was recovering from a flu symptom, I figured that I needed to have a breakfast away from the crowd and went upstairs to the club room for a breakfast. Duty personnel seated me at a table and asked me to go ahead with the meal. I took a few items from the buffet table and started eating... when the duty personnel came back to me and said I am not allowed to use the lounge and I had to leave. I tried to explain the offer as relayed to me by my client. No use... I was told to leave; otherwise, they would need to charge me for the breakfast. There was noguest there at that time, but, I gelt so humiliated and angered by the curtness. I already had a plate loaded and started eating assuming that I am eligible to use the lounge. A spilt milk!

How much loss would it have been if they let me stay and finish the meal? If the service personnel thought one step ahead, she would have had the guest to stay and finish the meal that was already on the plate. I would have been appreciative for flexibility shown to me and felt warm about staying at this hotel. Instead, I feel disgusted by the rudeness. Hotel business is about service. If the staff were truly concerned about making guest feel comfortable, they should not have handled the guest so rudely...

Room Tip: Suite unit felt like a dungeon.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ahncharles
DongGuan, China
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I've stayed at the Ramada in Caohejing several times over the last few years, and it's really starting to decline.

On arrival it looks nice enough, the lobby, bar, and little coffee shop are all in good shape. The service has always been a little off. The staff is helpful enough, but it's the kind of place where you always seem to get stuck waiting at the desk behind someone else while 1-2 other staff people walk around behind the service desk or shuffle papers instead of waiting on you.

The rooms are really where the place is falling apart. Two years ago they were a little shaky. Now, they're getting nasty. My room was tiny and cleaned well, but there were stains and water damage on almost every wall. The window was so drafty, I constantly ran the heat at 24 degrees. In short, the room is like one would find at a 3 star hotel in the interior of China.

On my most recent trip, I stayed 4 days. The first 2 days I ate breakfast for free, but on the third they suddenly insisted I pay for it, and weren't all that nice about it. It's that kind of service issue that always seems to plague this Ramada.

It's a good price for the location. The restaurant is OK, if not overpriced. It's your choice if you want the bargain or not, but you shouldn't expect too much.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Mysore
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel, and is situated close to many offices in the tech park. Room (deluxe, king size, non smoking) was good, but a little small. The room does not have microwave, but has all other facilities. Staff are very helpful. Buffet breakfast was included, so it was a big plus too. However, there isn't much to do in the vicinity of the hotel after the office hours.

Room Tip: I was on tower A, 14th floor, and it was very good!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business