Hotel Pravo Shanghai
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
Kaixuan Hotel(Shanghai)
  • Room Service
All reviewsnice hotelstayed two nightsliving roomhigh techevery morningfurniturecurtainsbundenglishcabsubway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stayed at this hotel twice last year. Both are for working trips.
The first visit was amazing, with friendly staff and very helpful. ( assist us in money changing, directions and attractions)
Decoration in the hotel is amazing and I have a room with great view.
Staff was also friendly to show us other rooms.

However, the second visit, the staff was unfriendly. The second day, the staff thought I was just a guest instead of hotel guest. I was quite dissappointed.
The room was not good as previous. The first time, I was given a bath tub but the second time just merely shower. Also, the toilet is a bit too dark. I find it difficult to put on make up. I end up make up on my bed with the nature sunlight.
The second room is smaller where I have to put my luggage in living room instead. Not that convenient when it comes to changing

The hotel is situated near many food outlets where food and snacks are just around the corner.
Hope the service can improve.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Changeline
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed here 2 years ago and it has gone downhill since. Service poor and it took a long time to check in. Staff unfriendly. Wifi access an issue. Bedroom oddly shaped with 'pod' area and TV located where it cannot be viewed from the bed. Will not return - a pity given my first experience of this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room without the internal pod area and where you can see the TV from your bed.
2  Thank Nicola1959
Vivienne W, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Pravo Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Customer,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Pravo.
I am really sorry and disappointed to hear of your experience here at our hotel.

I have taken your complaint to all relevant departments.
On behalf of the hotel and all the staff, I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences caused.

We will strongly persue to better serve our customers.

Thank you for your valued feedback.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you in the future.

Yours sincerely

Vivienne Wan

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I am just back from my weekend trip to Shanghai and have to say that I was a little bit disappointed about the stay in this hotel after reading so many positive comments. Why?

I did not like the style of the amusing suite at all, but that is a personal taste. It was too futuristic for me. The room is really big, but I found it was almost too huge to create a cosy atmosphere. It takes you a while to find all buttons and to walk from the wardrobe to the bed and usually I really love spacious rooms. There was always a smell in the room, I guess from the air condition or from the carpet, like when there was no fresh air since days.

As written by others, the room is quite dark and it's really hard to put make-up on since the badroom light is not strong enough. In general, I think the room rather addresses men than women if you check the colors, the missing tissues in the badroom, the shampoos smelling like a man's perfume etc.

The breakfast is ok, big enough so that everybody will find something, but no special experience. Some staff was friendly, others did not even recognize that they did not offer me some coffee. Whenever you go, there are nice style elements in each room and restaurant, but the atmosphere is not really friendly, warm, and light as I thought from the pictures.

I was surprised that the reception is always occupied by 4 employees, quite a lot compared to the amount of guests. In this case and due to the fact that it's a boutique hotel and not a big mass hotel, I would have expected a friendlier service, a smile, more help.

what I really liked were the comfy beds and the location is quite good. Not directly on the Bund, but you can reach it within 10min and you pay much lesse than for the hotels which are placed on the Bund.

So in general, everything was ok, but no special experience in my eyes compared to all hotels, especially boutique hotels I have already seen in Asia. I will definitely not go back since I like other hotels, for better prices, much more in Shanghai.

Room Tip: I would invest into the most expensive suites since they seem to have much more light and I prefer their style
2  Thank PinkHibiskus
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Pros:

Spacious room with trendy deco. Reception team is very helpful. There is a 24 convenience store and many restaurants just around the corner. Price is a bargain for the standard (I guess it is because that they don't have a gym or swimming pool)

Cons:

Bathroom is really dark and I found it hard to put make-up on.

Not much selection for breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nighttrace
Reviewed September 6, 2013

When you travel regularly you start to find special places in each city that are just a cut above the rest. I have been to Shanghai a few times but this is my new "special place" It doesn't get much better than this, value for money it must be the best I have ever experienced. Its real 5 star hotel and service for the cost of much less. It's spotless from the lobby to the rooms. Room service was top notch and the staff were incredible, special mention to Gary (evening manager). The location is about 15min walk from North Bund but don't let that sway you. It's 5 min taxi at 15 RMB away. This has to be one of the best hotels I have stayed at in China or even HK. Every little detail has been carefully planned. The rooms are large, seating areas comfortable and well planned, Nespresso machine, large flat screen in bedroom, comfy huge bed with all bells and whistles you would expect from a very expensive hotel. The bathroom is excellent from heated mirrors to the free standing bath and fully functional remote controlled toilet (gotta get one of these for home). The restaurants were excellent and the feel was very upmarket and distinguished. I will without doubt stay here again and I confidently recommend this to any traveller, you will be very impressed. There is a 24hr 7/11 type store as you exit hotel, turn,left and left. The breakfast is exceptionally good with western and eastern offerings, try the little pumpkin pastries and the dim sum is awesome if you're into that. The service at breakfast was flawless. I can't say enough about Pravo, it's the best.

Room Tip: Any floor is good, don't miss breakfast
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business