After reading all the hype on different websites and newspapers, I finally had to go. I mean why go to an American Chinese restaurant in China?!
Love it or hate it… this place does American Chinese food right. A group of friends and I had a bunch of egg rolls, general chow chicken, rack of ribs, chicken and broccoli, chicken salad, and a few more dishes. The ribs are amazing! The chicken and broccoli transported me back to my childhood and the hot mustard and pork egg roll nailed it. Wow. I didn't realize how much I missed this food until I ate here.
I personally didn't try the soup or any of the fried ice cream dessert but my friends ordered and finished everything.
A few of things that should be noted here…
1. Prices are very reasonable, if not a little low, when you factor in decor and service. You will find cheaper food options in this city but there are also loads of much more expensive ones too. The service here is very good and fun. Not sad and robotic like you will find at some of the nicer hotels even. It's hard to explain. Everyone just seems to be having fun here.
2. Unlike the Chinese joints back home, this place has a great beer and drink menu! I guess this drove up our bill a bit. :( They have brooklyn lager on draft! what?!
3. Try to make a reservation as we waited for a while for our table :( They have a bar up front and the beer helped though.
4. Try to sit towards the back as the sound of the phone ringing was a little annoying towards the front.
5. Portions are big here! American portions.
Each of us ended up paying about 175 RMB (Under $30) for a ridiculous amount of food and several beers each.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.