“The best Chinese vegetarian restaurant in Shanghai or even China!”

WUJIE.Shanghai The Bund
Ranked #91 of 17,044 Restaurants in Shanghai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: The Bund
Description: WUJIE is a vegetarian restaurant brand within the WUJIE GLOBAL Food and Beverage Management Corporation that is dedicated to creating innovative and inspired seasonal cuisine – without boundaries. WUJIE was founded in Shanghai in August 2011 as global consumers began to push for higher standards and more equitable sourcing when it came to their food. WUJIE has continued to inspire omnivores and vegetarians alike with an upscale dining environment that is suitable for all occasions. Our personalized, attentive service aims to deliver a tranquil dining experience while the diversified menu places the sourcing and quality of ingredients at the forefront.
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We actually went to Wujie Xujiahui Park branch of the same chain. It is located on 392, Tain Ping road, Xuhui district, Shanghai, China 200030 (tel: 400-920-1517). The food was exquisite in taste. I cannot figure out the names of all the dishes including a fantastic tomato soup with some vegetables added.
There were tofu dishes, taro noodles, `meat-like dishes', lotus pickle, a great mango sherbat for desert, etc. I think we hung around for 2 hours during lunch, although the restaurant was full! I was told that you need to book in advance, particularly for dinner. I have eaten in many veggie places in Beijing, Nanjing, Xian and other cities, but this was probably the best veggie food that I have eaten in China!

Subra A.

There are newer reviews for WUJIE.Shanghai The Bund

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Wujie, charms from the beginning with it's delicate still life in the entryway. Once we figured out the i-pad and how to order, we were off to the races! Every single thing I ate was excellent, especially the eggplant dishes and an interesting vegetarian take on a local delicacy made with lotus root. The chef loved our enthusiasm so much that he sent out a special condiment for us to taste that he is working on launching in August. It was dark, jammy with the flavors of caramelized onions and mushrooms and one of the most delicious things I have eaten in a long time. I look forward to returning time and time again.

1  Thank nayya1960
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We used an Ipad to order our food, which helped with pictures and some introduction about the dishes.
Everything looked quite exquisite although the portion was shy.
My personal favorites: Fried Tofu thingy, Chiloe and bean noodles.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We struggled to find this little gem, as I went off the address on trip advisor. Once we found the building we were amazed at the beauty of it. We had a pram and two young children, the door man carried the pram all the way to the restaurants door.
The restaurant had a relaxing feel. No one spoke english but that didn't matter because we were handed iPads to order off.
We had five dishes, although small they were full of flavour and completely satisfying. My husband and I believe this is one of the best meals we have ever had visiting china. Even the kids loved it. Definitely going back.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

The food was excellent. All in the details. Especially like their tofu, cut into tiny bits. Full points for the craftsmanship. If not for its high prices, I would give it a 5.