“Don't GO!”

Shanghai Wild Animal Park
Ranked #52 of 1,337 things to do in Shanghai
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The distance is very far and same as other people, my plan is to visit the Panda, but it was disappointed. There is only one Panda, and 'he' is sleeping. Other than that, nothing special

4  Thank Harrylohce
"nice zoo"
"huge area"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I was dubious about visiting this animal park but,it was excellent and is all my 12 year old Granddaughter has talked about since we came home.We went on the caged bus and the animals were so close especially the bears.The animals have plenty of space and seem very contented.
Pandas were there too.
The only unhappy creature there was the chicken the guy used to tempt the animals to come over to the bus.[it was not fed to any animal]
As it was raining we got a taxi from Shanghai and he waited a couple of hours for us to take us back to our hotel

2  Thank MargaretS257
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The park is in a poor condition with poorly treated animals. But - that is the same anywhere in China . Besides it is a good trip to entertain your kids. Besides the animals there are also some shows to see.

4  Thank chinanenni
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This zoo is 100 times better than the garbage littered zoo in west Shanghao (PuxI). I feel really sorry for the animals in that zoo.

It is a little difficult to get too, but we took the two public as advised by one of my wife's friends. For foreigners I advise your to take a few sandwhiches before you arrive as there seems to be only Chinese food available inside. It costs 130 CNY to enter the zoo for an adult, anyone below 1.3 metres is free.

You can drive your car through some parts of the zoo or rent a bicycle, but we chose to walk. The animals have a lot of room tp play around in and seem to be treated quite well too. Though I wasn't too amused seeing people riding emus and then a race between two leopards to catch the rabbit on the dog track, though the winner got to eat some frsh red meast afterwards.

I also enjoyed going in bus to see the Big Cats, though the bus didn't seem to stay longer enough in our section to get the full enjoyment. Note you have to pay extra to do this part of the zoo and I think it is 20CNY.

Overall we enjoyed our day out, and the kids had been wanting to go for a while too.

2  Thank wnash
See more reviews
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Yes, you can! Riding in a very ill equipped bus that could make you the next meal. I have a photo of a tiger's eye. The animal was so close I could feel his hot breath! A unique experience. You must pay extra for this and pay for the chicken. The rest of the park is also nice to visit. At opening time an animal show is performed near the gate. Do not miss this, only in China!

5  Thank ShanghaiExpat_12