“Breathtaking”

Shanghai Circus World: ERA Intersection of Time Acrobatics Show
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Multimedia Theatrical Spectacular 'ERA Intersection of Time' has been performed since its debut at Shanghai Circus World in September 2005. It is unique and comparable to the tradition of the Broadway Musical.It is in fact a stunning acrobatic show combining traditional Chinese arts and modern technologies. The performers present Chinese acrobatics, martial arts and dance perfectly in harmony with the music, sound, lighting, and other special effects, which include a water screen.While you marvel at the highly proficient skills of the performers, the story of China's evolution from its ancient past to the future is told. Hence, the title 'Intersection of Time', as the viewpoint of the audience is set in the present between the past and the future.The performance provides a wonderful insight into China's ancient culture and civilization, with sections about Sinan, an ancient Chinese invention for telling directions, soothsaying and conjuring. There is a fantastic section showing an acrobatic program which has elements performed since the far off days of the Han Dynasty (206BC–220AD). With porcelain jars and vats as their stage properties the performers give an overview of Chinese porcelain culture and greater understand of the country's name of 'China'.Modern achievements that are also showcased include Shanghai Donghai Cross-Sea Bridge, Maglev Train, and Shenzhou 5, China's first manned space mission. From these, you can see the amazing development and bright future of Shanghai and the whole country.The 100-minute performance shows not only artistic skills, but also creativity. Aided by multimedia including vision, original live music, sound effects, smell effect, air conditioning and lighting,
Reviewed December 27, 2013

An excellent performance! Great acrobatics show accompanied by shadow plays, video mapping and beautiful live music. Shanghai Circus World is situated nearby metro station. Tickets are not cheap (20 - 100 dollars), but I spare no expense in this.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,857)
All reviews
in 134 reviews
"finale"
in 47 reviews

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

The venue is good with a view from view from all seats. You don't need to buy premier, the cheapest are almost as good. The show was fantastic. Acrobats, jugglers, dancers, contortionists, singers and the final motor cycle act was amazing. My daughters thought the act on a big wheel and the motor cyclists were bound to end in death. Excitement to gracefulness all in the same show. Highly recommended.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Here on business and could not persuade any colleagues to come with me but went anyway. I would say it is a "must not miss". I don't want to give away too much but the chap with the whopping great vase on his head, the beautiful couple dancing while hanging from silk sheets and the motorbike finale were all astonishing.

I paid for the VIP seats, pretty steep at 600 and actually anything but the very cheapest would have been fine. That said I was in the second row, right in the middle so it was as if the whole show was directed just at me. Definitely good value for money - especially if like me you just think acrobats are wonderful.

It's not a long show, or maybe I was just very absorbed and time flew by, so would be ideal for littler children too. I think the small thing in front of me with its Daddy was probably only four and was clearly loving it.

What can I add. If you are faced as I was with another corporate meal in another corporate restaurant you may want to follow my example and give this a try - I don't think you will regret it.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

The last time I saw chinese acrobatics was when I was a child and how it has evolved to better heights with wonderful visuals, lighting, effects, and great music. This is a wonderful cultural treat. On the advise of a friend who told us we wouldn't make it to the show on time if we took a taxi due to the rush hour, we went by subway and it was convenient with a stop right at this place.