“Amazing show!”

Buy Tickets Online
More Info
$23.90*
and up
Shanghai Circus World: ERA Intersection of Time...
More Info
$187.40*
and up
Shanghai ERA Acrobatics Show with VIP Seating and Private Transfer
Ranked #4 of 1,333 things to do in Shanghai
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Multimedia Theatrical Spectacular 'ERA Intersection of Time' has been performed since its debut at Shanghai Circus World in September 2005. It is unique and comparable to the tradition of the Broadway Musical.It is in fact a stunning acrobatic show combining traditional Chinese arts and modern technologies. The performers present Chinese acrobatics, martial arts and dance perfectly in harmony with the music, sound, lighting, and other special effects, which include a water screen.While you marvel at the highly proficient skills of the performers, the story of China's evolution from its ancient past to the future is told. Hence, the title 'Intersection of Time', as the viewpoint of the audience is set in the present between the past and the future.The performance provides a wonderful insight into China's ancient culture and civilization, with sections about Sinan, an ancient Chinese invention for telling directions, soothsaying and conjuring. There is a fantastic section showing an acrobatic program which has elements performed since the far off days of the Han Dynasty (206BC–220AD). With porcelain jars and vats as their stage properties the performers give an overview of Chinese porcelain culture and greater understand of the country's name of 'China'.Modern achievements that are also showcased include Shanghai Donghai Cross-Sea Bridge, Maglev Train, and Shenzhou 5, China's first manned space mission. From these, you can see the amazing development and bright future of Shanghai and the whole country.The 100-minute performance shows not only artistic skills, but also creativity. Aided by multimedia including vision, original live music, sound effects, smell effect, air conditioning and lighting,
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This show was well worth the money! We got the cheapest ticket (120RMB) - the view was still good. Since it was mid-week, the show wasn't full and we moved to some better seats. We just got the tickets on the door, staff spoke English well. The sow was 2 x 45minutes with a 10minutes break.

1  Thank 602TinaS

Reviewed May 21, 2013

My wife, 9 year old daughter and I all enjoyed this show. Similar to a Cirque du Soleil show or the House of Dancing Water show in Macau, just without the water.

1  Thank WadeHongKong
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Tickets wasn't that cheap but the show was quite amazing with all the acrobatics and shows.
It was raining when we went there but since it was indoor it was fine.

There is a underground station which is only 5 mins walk but the station itself isn't very close to the main attractions in Shanghai.
Not sure if you can preorder tickets, highly recommend during peak periods as there is nothing to do there so you don't want to leave empty-handed.

I recommend you to have dinner near your hotel/place before coming here. There is this impressive looking restaurant nearby but the food was so bad!!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have a different perspective on this activity than most other reviewers. I have enjoyed seeing Chinese acrobatics shows in the US and the skilled antics of similar events on the TV show "America's Got Talent". I thought this show would be even better, coming from the "source." It wasn't. The sense I have is that the A Teams are touring the United States, and elsewhere, and the athletes that are still in training are in the Circus World show. However, if you have never seen this type of show, I'm sure you would enjoy it.

I had limited time in Shanghai. I chose to go to this show one evening rather than walk the Bund. It happened to be a beautiful night on the Bund. So I did the Bund walk the following evening, my last night in Shanghai, and it rained. I was very disappointed.

A couple of additional points. My friend has a very sensitive sense of smell and said that the exhaust smell after the motorcycle event at the end was very strong (the venue is indoors). That's the event where they have 7 motorcycles at one time racing around a large sphere. Also it is a relatively small venue, so most seats are fine for viewing. In fact I would say that a few in the very front are too close for overall viewing of the stage. Also, they have signs saying no photography allowed.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

This show was fantastic. Had a few moments where my heart was in my mouth. Loved the stunt with all the motorbikes going around in the sphere, frightened the life out of me. Didn't bother buying the more expensive seats, and we didn't miss a trick. You can see perfectly fine from anywhere.

2  Thank Louise M