Shanghai Hotel
$111
$217
JW Marriott
  • Pool
The Kunlun Jing An(Shanghai)
$125
$99
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

$147
$242
$387
$324
  • Pool
All reviewsjingan templestayed here for three nightsnice roombreakfast was includedslippers
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We booked this hotel as it is in the walk distance away from a hospital we need to pay a visit to. It claims to be a 4-star hotel and I am sure its location in the old Shanghai city, the park and villa view and the cleanness of the room are living up to the standards. However the hotel manager may have set up some wierd rule -- eg. one room key for one ID card, which means, if I want to check in and ask for two keys, I need to either take my wife's ID with me or have to go to get my wife's ID.

The doormen are well dressed, which is good, but they don't mind speaking very loudly. I asked once for a taxi but the doorman "gently" pointed me to the road nearby and said there are plenty of taxis on the road. I was expecting he woud go out and bring in a taxi for us. Ningbo food on the first floor was another disappointment.

This hotel is exactly the typical state-owned hotel. If you can be tolerant of the above, it is a very good choice for a) the location; b) the price, US$160 for executive room; c) the cleanness of room and floor.

Lastly, don't forget to try Sophia's Private Kitchen around the corner. And travel with the assistance from AmyExpress private chauffeurs.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank smilecat_11
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Very old and shabby hotel, especially the lobby. The staff and the concierge don't speak any english and are very timid with foreigners to say the least. Or perhaps the communist spirit is alive and well in this ancient hotel. The area has nothing of entertainment value.

1  Thank Erdene
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed three days in 2005, my wife became addicted to the noodles for breakfast, personally I found the buffet amazing and put on weight.
Dine in the restraunt below for a great evening with the local Chinese who treated us as honoured guests.

Room Tip: Again ask to see the room prior to accepting, the first we saw had many mal functions in the bathroom
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Nice entrance to the hotel, and you can walk to a small park only 5mins, turn left out of hotel. If you walk further, as we did then you can walk all the way down Nanjing street and onto the bund, you can always get the metro or a taxi back.

Room was nice, clean, although the smoke smell was still there, as with all hotels in china it would seem. The disappointment was the breakfast, the food was cold, the room was freezing the air con was like a gale force wind. The fruit, cereal and yogurt was good and that it about all I ate. If you don't like spiders and cobwebs do not check out the floor or corners of the room, not too big on cleaning here. Other then that it did the job for a couple of nights towards the end of the trip, if I was to return I would not stay here, but try to stay a litle closer to the bund. Although you can walk to the acrobats show, and there is a buddist temple within walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Laurista
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I stayed in this hotel twice. Both times, my rooms were nonsmoking. The second room was quite shabby compared to the first with a frayed and dirty carpet. The beds were quite hard. My even number room was quiet, but my odd numbered room had a lot of traffic noise. The included breakfast was fairly diverse, and palatable if not great. The location was nice, adjacent to the French quarter, where there are lovely bakeries and good coffee.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business