“Average hotel”

Stayed there 2.5 days in January 2013/

+ :
* location
* staff friendliness
* price (also it was worth to pay an extra to access the executive floor even though food diversity and quality could be improved).

- :
* Room a bit small but good shower.
* Breakfast was very varied but I would rather have fewer products with better quality.
* Supposed to be a 4 or 5 star hotel, however as a guest you have the impression you have to bargain anything that is not included in your price. The hotel offers for e.g. several facilities e.g. ping pong, game room, ... all for which you have to pay an extra for. They even wanted to make me pay 10 RMB per sheet printed - overall, you can really feel they count every penny they spend on you, which should not be visible by the customer normally ...
* Could not access the pool which was closed (however an outdoor pool is not appealing in January in SHA).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I was there from 6/21/12 - 6/24/12. I booked the hotel strictly for its outdoor pool as it is rare in China. Although it was June, there was hardly any one at the pool, and the nice bar with pool tables was dead (don't expect a party type of atmosphere unless there are some special summer events). The gym, which overlooks the pool, was very small but got the job done. I hardly ever complain when there are free water and towels in the gym, especially a gym in China.

The hotel is convenient located around Pudong Financial & Trade district. If you are craving for some crispy Peking Duck, there is a very popular restaurant inside the hotel, Quan Ju De, that is known for serving this dish the best. Overall I give this hotel 4 out of 5.

p1ay

Room Tip: The front desk guy, knowing there were 2 people (including me) in my room, gave me what was obviousl...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 8 days for vacation and found the room clean and comfortable for our needs. It was convenient for getting around as taxis are cheap. Avoid the attached bars as they are overpriced and the drinks were lousy. Especially avoid the japanese bar and piano bar. We just wanted one drink to cap off the evening and got steered to the piano bar. Once there we were told there was a minimum. So we went next door to be overcharged for a single round. When we couldnt get our servers attention to get the check we left money on the table only to be chased outside claiming we hadnt paid. They then claimed we underpaid when we didnt. The concierge also wasnt great help in setting up a way to visit some tour sites that were more outside the downtown area. Ambivalent about staying there again but it seem the price was good compared to other hotels in the same category or general location.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Comfortable hotel, although the rooms are quite small. Great view from the top floors. Very good location - near the subway, in the area of the highest skyscrapers, close to the "Chinese market ;)" The breakfast - perfect! You can take a lot of time to enjoy it. The biggest drawback is the price, but Shanghai in general is very expensive.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Athens, Greece
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed from 19 till today at this hotel.
If I say my stay was (is) a nightmare maybe you will not believe but it is true.
I had a drink in the very poor lobby bar the first evening.
I asked to be charged in my room account and they brought me a paper to sign.
i signed and but surprisingly the waitress said that this signature was not original. I lough at the beginning and asked her to go to check at the reception.
The reception, a young man, told me the same, that my signature was fake!
I became mad and I asked him to check my signature I put when I checked in.
He insisted say the same!
I started shouting to him and he said he will the police or his manager.
I told him to call everybody he liked.
His manager came and hopefully he was logical to see the original of my signature but as you understand my evening was broken and my mood too.
Apart of that,
the heat is not working and i had to call several times to fix it.
The truth is that technicians did come but they couldn't fix it.
I asked some cold beers and they brought me hot (ok, this is a general problem in China, they can't understand a beer should be cold to drink it).
the refrigerator is not working or the temperature can't be adjusted to less than 10 degrees C.

And on the top is the charge of 15% for what you order and you can't see in their lists but they say it is for service!!!!!!
So with this charge I had to pay 45 euros (abt 60$) for an unbelievable bad Chinese wine.

The room is so so but the general service is a (I hope you now understand why) a nightmare.
if you want just a sleep you maybe feel ok here (if of course you are lucky and the heating works at your room) but if you want a place to relax this hotel should be in every known black list.

Room Tip: check everything before enter your room if you really need to book in this hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Terni, Italy
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Hotel located close to the metro, very clean and nice staff, but be careful to the invoice: they charged 15% higher than the price stated on the reservation (I do not know why yet) by writing in pen "+15%" on a printed document signed by us during the check in (of course when we signed that document, was not written on it in pen "+15%"!). Tip: if you sign something, ask for a copy of the document you signed!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank cimpoc
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This is the third time I have stayed at this hotel . All times I have paid the extra and booked executive floor room , which gives access to lounge with free drinks /food ( 5.30 to 7.30 pm ) , free use of meeting room , etc .... the perks they offer are value for money to book executive instead of standard if business trip . Hotel is very close to metro , has a large shopping centre across road and a number of restaurants nearby . The staff are all very friendly and majority speak English .Buffet breakfast included in price , downstairs level 2 main breakfast rooms and the choice is massive , which I preferred to have breakfast here instead of upstairs in the executive lounge. The hotel has an excellent gym , clean and modern equipment .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business