“Great Japanese”

Neighborhood: Lujiazui
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Japanese”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

On our first night in Shanghai, we found this wonderful little Japanese restaurant. From the moment you walk in, you enjoy great customer service. The staff smile and take great care to ensure you are well looked after. The atmosphere is great and the food is well priced and we particularly enjoyed the ramen and gyoza - so much so that we went back for a second visit. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited December 2013

• Thai first
Shanghai, China
“Finally a great ramen joint in Shanghai”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This place has quickly climbed up to my short list of restaurants whenever a quick and simple meal is called for. I pretty much stick with their core - ramen, every time I visited. I've had their original flavor most often, though the spicy minced pork one has become my favorite as of late. I do enjoy some of the side dishes there as well, the marinaded tomato, fried dumpling with ginger, and the chicken salad to name a few. I would stay away from the white pork bun, however, as I find that rather ordinary. I gave such a high mark not because it was one of my best meals, but because it was one of my best SIMPLE meals at a very reasonable price.

• Visited October 2013
Denpasar, Indonesia
“Very Good Ramen, as expected from Ippudo”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Located at IFC Mall in Pudong area, I arrived at the restaurant around 1.30PM. Was expecting to queue for a bit but no line, so got seats straight away. The staff who took my order can speak english properly so thats good.

I ordered the non-spicy shiro based ramen and ippudo pork bun.
Ramen is good as usual, only the soup taste a bit plain, not as tasty as the one I ate in Hong Kong but still very nice compare to the ramen I had another day in PuXi area.
The pork bun is just perfect! It was soft and tender, felt like the pork melt in my mouth.

Price is very reasonable and definitely going to visit again on my next trip to Shanghai!

• Visited September 2013
Bali, Indonesia
“My ramen journal - divinely ramenlicious!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Finally, my ramen journal in Shanghai. After trying out several ramen joints in Shanghai, I ended up at Ippudo at IFC Mall in Lujiazui district. The restaurant is nestled in the corner next to larger restaurant but has longer waiting line at the door. If you come around office lunch break or dinner time, expect to wait around half an hour. It is very popular.

I've never been to Japan or really know what good ramen should taste like. By far, Ippudo's ramen is simply THE best ever. The broth is thick and so tasty to the last drop, I rarely left any in my bowl. The egg yolk looks and taste fresh - unlike other ramen I've tried before. The pork slices are succulent and the waitress will ask if you wish your noodle "hard, medium or soft"

The service is quick and clean. I'm going to keep coming back here...

I agree with the other reviewer tho, if you still think Ajisen ramen is a ramen, don't bother going to this place...

• Visited June 2013
Tokyo, Japan
“The ONLY genuine Ramen in Shanghai!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I am a japanese and can stop craving for a good ramen noodle every once in a while.

Ippudo is THE ONLY place in Shanghai where the standard is up to par with that of Tokyo.

If you think "Ajisesen" takes care of your appetite for ramen, you have not experinenced the authentic taste.

Shortcomings which can be igonred in exchange for the impeccable taste are:
a) Only one shop in Pudong
b) the place is packed so you will have to wait for 20-30 minues if you hit the peak time.

Enjoy!