“authentic russian food in Shanghai”

Red Square Russian Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #2,249 of 17,148 Restaurants in Shanghai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hongkou
Description: Homy Russian food in the heart of Shanghai.
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Food is very delicious, hearty service. I had borsch and beefstroganoff, and mashed potato. Borsch was awesome, even more tasty than i had in Russia. Also they have free WiFi.

1  Thank Dearolga

Reviewed August 5, 2014

good for taste smth new, russian cuisine is different from european
taste was good, we ordered 'lamb kebab', olivie salad, bortsh, and traditional cake for dessert (honey cake)
atmosphere was good but a little loud, there was life music
service was good, managers and waiters were very friendly
prices are same with other not-chinese restaurants in shanghai

1  Thank Ira B
Reviewed August 5, 2014

It is located Hongkou District, 10 Shajing road,. The place is very big and finely furnished. I have to admit that they make the place look very classy.
The general atmosphere was very relaxing and appetising.

They have everything tons of options: Russian, Ukrainian, western food, desserts and even good Shisha;).

I genuinely recommend that you go there as well; It’s the best place you can get for eating. The food is good, the place looks nice and the price is surprisingly affordable. It was not our first visit to this restaurant and it never disappoints.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

After 5 years of living abroad, Red Square is one of best Russia restaurant among the whole Oceania n Asia area in my list with no doubt. Solyanka was amazing, almost the same as my granny's one. Moreover, im falling inlove with lamb kebab and lamb chops. The service is professional and quick, i deffinetly saw that the waiter loved what he hadbeen doing. Forevery customer the shot of vodka is offered, frankly speaking, the vodkais really good. Thank you, Red Square, for great evening

1  Thank Ksenia O
Reviewed July 26, 2014

This was our first visit to Red Square. It was a little difficult to find but once we got there the location and the décor was excellent. There was live music and the overall atmosphere was relaxing yet festive. There was a party of 20 which made service slow. We had Borscht, Lamb Chops, Smoked Salmon, and a Beef Stew type dish along with dessert.

The Service was very poor. I hope it was due to the party of 20. It took 40 minutes to get our drinks. Turns out they were delivered to wrong table and sat there 10 minutes before they brought them to our table. We asked for fresh drinks.

The food was above average and the menu was interesting enough to return. The price was reasonable. They do provide free vodka shots and they offered us free dessert due to our service issues.

We will return and it is worth a visit. I rated it very good assuming the poor service was due to party of 20

1  Thank BillH298
Anastasia N, Owner at Red Square Russian Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for your sincere and detailed review concerning all our not only positive but negative as well.

We are working on our service quality constantly and promise to improve it when you are back next time, and I am glad to see that we could at least handle your dis-satisfaction to the right angle.

We would like to present your our Silver membership card with 17% discount on your bills and hope to see you more often. Please email me to gm@redsquare-china.com to let me have more details about yourself and address where I can deliver your card.

Thanks and best regards,