“RE: Thai Food in the French Concession”

ShangHai Ye Xiang TianTang (Wu Kang Road)
Ranked #2,567 of 17,139 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Former French Concession
Reviewed December 26, 2013

This is a nicely decorated restaurant with very good food and service. The interior reminded me of Lost Heaven by the Bund, which I loved! The restaurant is located on the second floor and there's a nice balcony as well so you can check out the action below. The restaurant is located in a leafy area of the French Concession. After dinner, I recommend taking a walk around the neighborhood. It's pretty safe! Overall, I had a nice dining experience.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is the sister restaurant to the original in Fumin lu and is overall is as consistent.
The food is a broad selection of Thai food as you would expect and is a fair price for the city in comfortable traditional if golden decor.
I prefer the old house in Fumin lu and the bar and rooms which add character but once at the table there is no difference, the staff attentive and we had a great meal with friends.
The wine list is goo not top top end but just what you want for the food and character of the restaurant. I will go back but in this city am spoilt for choice....

Reviewed October 3, 2013

This sister restaurant to another Coconut Paradise we had previously visited serves equally as delicious and authentic food. The layout of the restaurant is very large and grand in what appears to be a fairly new building. Staff are excellent and prices very reasonable for Shanghai. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I have had a lot of Thaifood around the world- But this place is amazing.
I ordered Tum Yam Gung and Red curry beef. Food came fast and had an more than excellent tast. I actually eat all my daughter did not eat because it was so great.
I must insist- Spend one dinner here and you'll have a great experience and dinner.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Second floor restuarant sister to Lost Heaven. Also one now on the Bund I am told. Excellent Thai cuisine, some nice spicy dishes. Good cocktails and plenty of service. Atmosphere OK too.

1  Thank CS1Portland