“Great salads”

Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Great salads and side dishes with some vegetables that you can rarely find in Shanghai. If you're looking for fresh, healthy salads and sandwiches, this is one of the best choices in Shanghai.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

This place is perfect for lunch. But I don't know if it's my luck or the place is always this busy, but every time I go to Sproutworks I wait ages to order... The food is pretty nice and light, Qinoa salad is very interesting, I'd recomend it for sure!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I was not so impressed by the food. I was looking for a healthier lunch option in Shanghai. I stood at the counter for about 10 minutes thinking of either getting a chicken soup or just walk out of the place. All the so called salads looked like they have been sitting for a long while. Finally I settled for caesar salad and chicken soup as nothing looked appealing. I found hair in my salad. I tried my friends' and was disappointed. The food was flavorless. I was surprised by all the hype! The only good thing there was their lemonade! Anyway, after the experience, I talked to a few people and they definitely said that the restaurant used to be much better when it first opened. I hope they kick it up a notch.

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

I discovered this place on a Saturday morning walk on Chang Le Rd. The house looks likes a private museum with its own ecosystem. You can sit in the sunshine without sweating nor freaking airconditioning in SH. It's the idea place for Saturday brunch as long as you do not mind stay away from meat for a while. With only 60yuan per person, you can enjoy 4 options of salads and 2 drinks. The salads are full of ingredients and naturally colorful. I cannot say that's the best salad ever but it has been very inspiring to lazy people like me in terms of cooking and eating healthy.

There's another branch in Pudong which seems to be less promising.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I am temporarily based in Shanghai and have visited Sproutworks at the intersection of Donghu lu and Xinle lu for a meal again and again.

The reason is simple. It offers a great variety of healthy, tasty food options. The restaurant concept is casual and yet comfortable. You line up at the counter, place your order out of the large selection of salads and other choices in front of you, pay for it, take it in a tray and you find a seat to eat.

Sproutworks is one of the best choices for casual lunch in the Xuhui area and definitely for me the best option for healthy, tasty food I have discovered so far in Shanghai.