“Fred and interesting salad choices”

Sproutworks - Super Brand Mall Shop
Ranked #436 of 17,142 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had been traveling around China and I was extremely hungry for a great salad. I felt so satisfied. I went there 3 days in a row. I really had a super hunger for Good, healthy food. Every day I had something different. I left each day feeling comfortable and back to my normal eating pattern. I cannot express my thanks to Sprout Works for doing such a great job. I wish I could find a restaurant like it in America. I would be a regular.

1  Thank Lynnesue2013

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We enjoyed a lunch-time meal here on a recent trip to Shanghai. The staff were very helpful and the decor and ambience of the place was wonderful. There were a range of dishes to choose from and each one was fresh, very tasty and well-cooked. Would definitely return!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My friends and I love eating at Sprout Works. The only problem is there is not enough room to sit. But there is a small park diagonal from the restaurant and we go eat there. Great choices for healthy food. You pick a salad and 2-4 sides, sides range from sweet potatoes to soybeans. Great choices and I have to say the owners are lovely people!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Sprout works has a tasty range of food for a great price. It is a small, modern restaurant with take away service if you want to eat at home

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Nice addition to the Shanghai restaurant scene for residents. More catered for the lunch and work crowd in the area, it offers some simple set options with nice organic veggie , panini, salad options. You get in line, pick your set, choose a nice selection of 18 or so veggies/pasta selections (couscous, buttersquash, okra, etc...). Self-service all the way including the nice reminder to clear your own trays (which feels a bit canteenish).

Location: Great. Right in the heart of younger part of French Concession (donghu/fumin/changle lu)

Food: Very healthy and organic. Good selection including the panini if you are craving a bit more meat. Drink bar is very nice with unique mix of teas and lemonades.

Atmosphere: Nice. More of a eat your food and go place given the tables are placed around a rock garden that must be part of the hotel. A bit of a pain to find a seat if you come during the week right a lunch time so be ready to share a table.

Service: Very good. It's self-service but the folks and management/owners are all together serving the customers which is good.

Value: Very good. 50rmb-60rmb for a set without drink.

Occasions: Lunch work crowd. Quick lunch. Meet up place with friends.

In summary, a nice lunch destination especially if you work in the area but also for residents in the French Concession. If you are a vegan tourist then you may want to make this a destination. Great concept in this ever changing F&B scene in Shanghai. Nice change to the Wagas/Elements food we've been fed all these years.