“Shanghai Surprise” 5 of 5 bubbles

Linterest
Ranked #3 of 32 Fun & Games in Shanghai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Master chef challenge, Iron chef, Aroma workshop; Amazing cooking race, Lamian (Hand-pulled noodle) Master, Magical mixology... With good food, good wine and music, Linterest will create an unforgettable memory for all team members! Cooking is relaxing and fun at our professional kitchen setup. Google, Starbucks, KPMG, Roche, JP Morgan, Standard Chartered, Roche, Tetra Pak have all cooked amazing dishes and been inspired by Linterest corporate events. Why wait? Contact us for a complimentary event planning consultancy.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
“Shanghai Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

We hosted a team building event at KBTG. The kitchen/studio is located in a quaint area across the park in the French concession. This gem of a kitchen was in a sparkling setting - a huge thumbs up for Shanghai. Ingredients were fresh & thoroughly clean - another thumbs up. The menu was simple but delicious - another thumbs up here. Chef Lin was so charming that she made a group of accountants feel right at home - running out of thumbs here.

Would certainly do this again.

Visited April 2013

“Totally recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Have just arrived back from the Kitchen by the Garden . Wow, what a fabulous experience !
Lin runs the course which started at 10:30 a.m. and finished at 1:30 p.m. when we ate the results of our work at the lovely 1940s Shanghai Old lane house. Lin is a very patient teacher who speaks perfect English and being a novice chef I was apprehensive before the class began. However very quickly my confidence grew and I really enjoyed learning from an enthusiastic teacher and equally my partner who is a very good cook was enjoying learning some new ideas. Rest assured this guy can teach and what we tasted at the end was mouthwatering!!
Can't wait to get back home to try the recipes out. Great value , an all round memorable experience! You don't wanna miss the chance out!

Visited March 2013
Sydney, Australia
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“An All Round Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

This experience included a complimentary wet market tour with Lin giving lots of information about local produce and the Chinese benefits of the ingredients. It was a really worthwhile and interesting experience. We then returned to her beautiful home in the French Concession area which is specifically set up for cooking classes. While the dishes were quite simple they were very tasty and the meal balanced. I learnt so much about cutting technique and flavour balancing. I was impressed that while I was the only person in the class, it still went ahead and I had a private lesson. From my initial contact all correspondence was professional and quick. Instructions on how to get there were clear and I had no trouble finding her home. I will definitely return to do another class or the noodle stretching.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Wendy V
Shanghai, China
“Great cooking experience wrapped in a fanatastic cultural experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Lin made this experience wonderful. We did the market tour and cooking class, which I'd recommend. She taught us a lot about the food and culture of China while being willing to answer all of our questions. It was great to get such candid exposure to what we were experiencing. The cooking class in her home was also a great experience. I've taken cooking classes in China and Thailand, but this was my favorite because Lin did a great job of letting us in to what life is like for her. I appreciated her honesty and authenticity. You will not only learn how to make some amazing food, you will also have a great time learning interesting stories ofeach dish. I would recommend doing this earlier in your trip so you can get some great tips on food and culture.

Visited March 2013
Guadalajara, Mexico
“Personalized culinary adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Began with an informative walk through Market Hall. Lin is a talented local foodie/cook. We wandered through the entire market sampling local foods and learning about the food and culture. Do bring your appetite as you will eat all day. Lin shared so many wonderful tips about the local area and culture. We then had some black sesame paste and tea and started cooking. The groups are always private so it was just my husband and I and she had him cooking... I have done several cooking classes in other countries but love to learn other dishes of Shanghai style. This class was very special and while the menu was somewhat simple I learned many new tricks. I would highly recommend this if you want an authentic experience led by a warm, kind, talented cook.

Visited January 2013