Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai
$145
  • Breakfast included
$156
  • Pool
The Kunlun Jing An(Shanghai)
$162
$567
$370
Hotels.com
1,593 results
All reviewsthe club loungeyong yi tingzest restaurantfifty grillhouse carcake shopriver viewthe pearlluxury hotelfinancial districtmemorable stayspecial thankschinese new yearamazing hotelf bbeautiful roomifc mall
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Had an absolutely brilliant weekend Mandarin Oriental! Staff were brilliant, the facilities superb and the food and drink were also excellent. We had an amazing time, would highly recommend it to others and would love to come back and do it again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
MO_Pudong, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Scrivvyvatu,

Thank you very much for your positive comments about Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai! We are delighted to learn about your appreciation of our high level of service. My colleagues and I look forward to the immense pleasure of welcoming you back to Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Massimiliano Binda
Hotel Manager

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We were disappointed with the hotel. I booked it since it was rated #1 in Shanghai.

The location is definitely inconvenient if you want to tour the city such as the Bund. It is at least a 25 minute ride in the taxi just to go through the tunnel to the other side of the city.

We booked the Mandarin River View room with access to the club lounge. Unlike most club lounges, you can only order alcohol during the two hour cocktail hour or else they will charge you. They were nice in the club lounge, however, the service was so over board that they made you feel uncomfortable.

They offered the house car if you want to go a few blocks one way. The club lounge called for the house car. They said it was available. By the time we went downstairs (less than 5 minutes), they let someone else use the car. The ATM machine in the hotel was broken, we had to use the one in another hotel 15 minutes away. We will not stay here on our next visit.

7  Thank Sophie B
MO_Pudong, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Sophie B,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we appreciate your feedback.

We are sorry to hear about any uneasiness we may have caused you and your party whilst at the Club Lounge. I have personally reviewed your observations with our team as a source of opportunity and improvement.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the other issues you brought up which is by no means a true reflection of our typical high standards of service. Kindly rest assured those items will be reviewed and appropriate actions taken to ensure similar situations do not occur again. Needless to say I hope to have the occasion to speak with you personally, and will see to it that you have my contact details.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you to the hotel again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Hotel Manager
Massimiliano Binda

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I've stayed at some pretty great hotels in my day but I have to say that this one was at the top. Went to Shanghai for pleasure and chose this hotel based on the reviews. I was not disappointed. For a starter, when I arrived at the hotel I realized that I had lost my passport after clearing immigration. The next day when it became clear what a hassle this would become, Yvonne the manager on duty got in a cab and personally escorted us to the Police Statin to file a report as well as the Visa office. Every individual that we encountered at the hotel was detail oriented and genuinely concerned about our predicament. The property is gorgeous and our room remarkable. 20th floor with a beautiful view of the trademark skyline. If you like a firm mattress like I do, this one was perfect. Like another reviewer I agree that the only thing needed to make the room perfect is a Toto Washlet. Having been introduced to them in Tokyo a couple of years ago they're easy to get used to...
The bar makes a great Bloody Mary and the Hamburger there one of the best that I've ever had. The adjacent highly rated "Fifty Eight degree" restaurant is quite elegant without being pretentious. The food and service memorable. We had no time to experience the Spa services as we spent most extra time trying to replace the Passport/Visa. :( I'd highly recommend the hotel's limo service. leaving the Visa office at 1130am for a 145pm departure was a bit stressful. The hotel rep met the car and helped move us through check-in up to security in minutes. It was great! In summary, this was one of those rare trips where you almost want to return to the city just to go to the hotel.

1  Thank Hayden40
Reviewed March 15, 2014

It was just a wonderful stay! My check in was very smooth at the club lounge, with a selection of welcome drinks. My check out was going to be very early the next day and the staff at check in made all arrangements for me not to worry about anything. They even prepared me a "snack" breakfast for take away so I get something to eat. That was a really nice touch!!!! And really appreciated. They also had a taxi waiting for me.
The room was superb! All you can expect from a 5 star hotel (unlike the Marina Sands in Singapore!) with a wonderful view of the river.
The club lounge at dinner had a great and simple buffet with the best cheese and truffles raviolis I had in many many years. Compliments to the Chef!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The hotel was everything you'd expect from a 5-star location. However, what made our stay at this hotel stand-out so much was the level of service we experienced from the staff. Everyone from the door staff, to the front desk to the restaurant staff were absolutely outstanding. The service industry is still very nascent in China and at many other high-class locations it can often be found to be 'rough-around-the-edge' (to say the least in some cases), but at the MO it was impeccable. Our 2 year old was recognized an interacted with everywhere we went. The restaurant staff kept our table on reservation for us and the front desk knew us by name!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family