“Thanksgiving Dinner like home”

Grand Brasserie at Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund
Ranked #56 of 17,076 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Asian, European, Chinese, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: The Bund
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Was in Shanghai visiting friends over the Thanksgiving holiday. My friends had made reservations at the Grand Brasserie for Thanksgiving night and I am very glad they did. Food variety and quality were very good, service was excellent and atmosphere beautiful. It was an excellent place and way to spend the holiday.

1  Thank CalebTumon

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

I had lunch twice here as part of a meeting package. The lunch itself was ok but not spectacular - 3 course meal every day from a fixed menu, in the same place as breakfast for those who stay here. Service is outstanding and quality is great, but not extraordinary (especially considering the price).

1  Thank Jon1796
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The brunch experience was mixed. It was a just another normal buffet to me as I don't eat much but my wife thought the spread was good. Good experience but I am not willing to pay for the quality of the food again.

In summary, our Boston lobsters was not fresh. This was the conclusion from four of us who had stayed in Boston before. It sort of marred our dining experience. To be fair, they tried to do service recovery when we highlighted the issue. But we were full and had to rush off.

In summary, I will not recommend eating here.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We really had a great experience at the Brunch! First starting in the Bar with the Appetizer stand (could be more wow) and Champagne! After we have been escorted to the Brasserie for the Brunch! A very big selection on starters, sashimi, main course and dessert! As well a nice A'la carte menu where you could order from! Everything from the Buffet was very taste, as well the Dishes served, however it took quiet long until they would arrive to the Table as the Kitchen was pretty busy refilling the Buffet and cooking the A'la carte dishes in the same Time!
But we had a good Time and we really enjoyed the Sunday Brunch, we will be back for sure!

1  Thank michaeldinges
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Had my very first fancy brunch while in Shanghai at Grand Brasserie last year. Best brunch promotion was ongoing, so me and my brother decided to experience the fine dining at the luxurious Waldor-Astoria's signature Grand Brasserie All-Day-Dining restaurant. We had 3 courses of some choices from the a la carte menu. While waiting for our meals, complimentary mix breads were nicely served along with the olive oil and sea salt. All the courses were amazing, good presentation, and nicely served by our hospitable Chinese waitress (limited English). I also got a glass of Chardonnay, however it wasn't chilled enough and he poured too little, not even a half of my tiny wine glass.

All and all, it was a great brunch experience and I am now missing it. Would definitely come back only if there is such a great deal/promotion ongoing. I would recommend this restaurant and also the Waldorf-Astoria on the Bund to my friends and relatives overseas.

1  Thank Mugi P