“Fabulous 3 day post-cruise Shanghai tour with Jean Liu”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ranked #93 of 133 Tours in Shanghai
Reviewed July 12, 2013

At the end of a 2 week Asia cruise on the Celebrity Millennium, my wife and I had the opportunity to join a 10 person tour of Shanghai with Jean Liu of Shanghai Lander. Jean met us at the cruise port and expertly handled our luggage transfer to our hotel, the well located Marriott Renaissance Yu Garden. I don't recall the exact order of what we saw but among the highlights were the Yuyuan Garden (traditional Chinese garden from 1559), the Bund (gallery of international architecture along the Hungpo River), Shanghai Jewish Refugee Museum, Tongli water town, including a boat ride on the canal and a delightful restaurant with busking musicians who were excellent, Shanghai Museum (famous for ancient bronze ware collection), Jade Buddha Temple (Chinese Buddhist Temple), the French Concession, including the museum where the Communist Party met to take over China, and shopping. Moreover, Jean patiently answered all of my questions about Chinese history and culture, etc. .Her explanations as we walked or drive along the sites were superb. The places he took us to eat were excellent and her English is terrific too. I recommend her without any reservation.

2  Thank nova4traveler