“Amazing time in Shanghai.”

Banyan Tree Shanghai On The Bund
Ranked #60 of 5,222 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed here just one night as my vacation with brother and my wife.
First, all guests can feel good because of the view from hotel.
I'm sure this hotel is No,1 hotel in Shanghai in my life.

Especially, the hospitality of front stuff was so nice.
However,I hope the hotel stuff becomes more better as professinal even if the guest is so bad.
So, the stuff should refuse strange complain and request even the guests want.
I think the value of hotel is not only equipment and location but also professional stuff.

Thanks to Banyan tree hotel, we could enjoy the amazing time in Shanghai.
I'm sure I'm going to stay here next time.

If you have opportunity staying at Shanghai, you had better select this hotel for your special time.

Have a good time in Banyan tree hotel on the bund.

Room Tip: All room seems good to see the beautiful bund.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Chandler L, Manager at Banyan Tree Shanghai On The Bund, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We really appreciate your nice comments and we will wait for your next visit.
Let us know when and we will have a pleasant surprise for you.

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Let me begin by saying this was not my choice of hotel for my recent visit to Shanghai. However I was pleasantly surprised at how good this hotel is and was definitely not disappointed. Although it is a little bit away from the main action on the Bund, this suited me well as it provided an oasis of calm from the frenetic pace of Shanghai. The rooms are magnificent - very good size, all with views to the Huang Pu River and most with excellent views to the glitz and lights of Pudong. I love the window seat and one can easily while away a few hours just sitting and watching the barges go up and down the river. The staff at this hotel were very friendly, obliging and always smiling. Special praise go to the staff at the Banyan Lounge who looked after my friends and I extremely well. All in all, a great place to come home to after a day out in Shanghai!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Chandler L, Manager at Banyan Tree Shanghai On The Bund, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thanks a lot for your comments after staying with us. We all at the Banyan Tree family are delighted when reading we have meet guest expectations.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Very surprised as my previous experience with Banyan Tree properties have been poor. The view from the room was fantastic, the restaurant was great with good food and service. It was good to walk along the river in the evening. The staff were friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay again

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear valued guest,

I am sorry to hear your previous experience in another Banyan Tree property was not up to your expectations. I am happy to know that here in Shanghai it was.

Let us know next time you plan to visit us and we will surprise you again.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We start our honeymoon in Asia at Banyan Tree On the Bund and our experience was superb!... We were welcomed with drinks and a complementary upgrade to a great panorama retreat suit on the 10th floor. The room was impecable, very spacious, with a great living room, a walking closet and an incredible bathtub-jauzzi!... From anywhere inside the suit you got the bet view of Shanghai!... With the finantial district infront of you and all the Bund corridor on the side... A speachless view!

All the staff made our stay perfect, great concierge service provided by Henry with sightseeing and restaurant tips, reservations and everything was arranged flawlessly. Breakfast was delicious!

I want to thank General Manager Pancho Llamas and his Room Manager Ivone for the time they spend with us and for taking care of every single detail and making our stay so perfect.

Many thanks Banyan Tree on the Bund!

Regards,

Santiago and Eugenia

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear valued guests,

Thank you very much for your comments, and we wish a very happy remaining honey moon trip ahead. Hope to see you for your first anniversary.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Aaah the Banyan Tree Resorts & Hotels always live up to expectations. Bran new hotel on the Bund, with wonderful views, wonderful rooms & bathrooms. Every luxury. Great design, big rooms, huge spa baths with built in TV's in the glass wall. Loved the views up & down the river. I walked in the evenings on my own, felt perfectly safe. Unfortunately not a walkway through to the Bund, do have to get a taxi.
Staff so helpful, & booked us on short notice for a couple of tours we wanted to do, so helpful. Couldn't do enough for us.
We couldn't book bed & breakfast for some reason, & the breakfasts are very expensive. Made us get out & experience local fare anyway.
Gorgeously lit at night, wonderful sight from our boat cruise.
Shanghai really is a marvellous mix of the old & new...still have so much to see & experience.
The Banyan Tree needs to be promoted more on the booking sites...hard to find.
Go & stay there!

Room Tip: River view the only way.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KLTSunshineCoast
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have stayed at a few Banyan Tree resorts. I am prompted to write this review because of the numerous good experiences I encountered at these resorts.

I am made to feel so at home each time I checked into one of the Banyan Tree resorts.

I was at the Banyan Tree Shanghai on the Bund 14-16 March 2013. I emailed to them in advance of what I need and what I cannot do. The mesaage was quickly passed from the GM to the front office staff and it seems that everybody knows about my needs without my having to repeat myself. I needed help with walking and due to a severe throat infection, I was unable to communicate verbally. There was no worry at all as everyone was able to anticipate my needs and they provided paper and pen to help me pen down my requests.

One can imagine how difficult it can be to want to go shopping with mobility difficulty and unable to communicate my needs. I requested for a shopping chaperon. Sabrina offered to help me. During the trip, she was ill and vomited a few times. Although I suggested that she goes back to rest, she insisted on helping me complete my shopping. She brought me to the places that I wanted to go, helped with sourcing for what I wanted to buy, helped with choosing, bargaining, checking, carrying the shopping, etc. She displayed professionalism throughout. When I gave her a tip, she used it to buy milk tea for all at the Banyan family. The pride she took in her job is a reflection of her attitude as well as the training and leadership of the Management. I am most impressed.

All the other staff were also very attentive and helpful including the front office, waitresses/waiters, concierge, drivers, housekeepers, etc. The masseur at the spa was also very well trained and is able to anticipate my needs. The Banyan Tree Spa deserves its good reputation.

The mini bar was well stocked. I had a room overlooking the river and the view was spectacular. The amenities were good. The toilet is super! You have to see and try it to know how good it is! It is a pity that I forgot to take a photo of it.

There was a relaxing pool in my room and it was excellent to unwind after a long day of meetings, shopping and travelling.

There is a slight imperfection though. Some tiles in the bathroom were loose. I spotted it and was careful not to step on it but I am concern that it may hurt those who did not spot it.

Room Tip: Tell them your needs in advance and they will try their best to cater to your needs. Even if you did...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank JennL
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We had a great experience at this hotel in January. You would never know it opened only a few months ago, because everything runs so smoothly and well. The rooms are large, gorgeously designed, with every modern convenience possible. Very comfortable too. Great views of the entire length of the Bund from the rooms. We were impressed by the friendly staff and management who attended to our every need. Definitely we plan to return, and have already started to tell our friends about it. I disagree with a previous comment about the breakfast. We found the breakfast was excellent, with a plentiful buffet + a la carte menu choices included as part of the experience. High quality all the way around.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura_M46
Chandler L, Manager at Banyan Tree Shanghai On The Bund, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Value Guest
We really appreciate your comments. We just opened few months ago and we already see everyday improvement and hopefully we can reach our expected standard in a short time from now. I still have to accept that there are few areas where we need to improve to meet high and expected Banyan Tree standards, but with the professional of all my team and the encouragement comments like yours. I am pretty sure this will not a very difficult task.

With best regards,