“Fantasic Overall Experience”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Gubei / Hongqiao / Minhang
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My husband and I went here on a whim and I'm so glad we did. We were seated immediately, and a waiter was at our table right away to get our drinks. Our meal came quickly and the presentation of the dishes was great. At my first bite, I immediately thought how fresh (and delicious) my pasta was. My husband's lasagne was the best I've ever tasted.

The waiter continued to be attentive throughout our meal. We paid about $30 for our entire meal - something we're not used to for such stellar Italian food!

If you're in the area, I'd definitely recommend going to Venexia.

2  Thank Rachel J

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Went on a Sunday for my wife's birthday (unannounced). Met Chef Oscar...proud of his trade and with reason...
Being in the +55 demographic we shared a pasta & a meat plate. Then a desert each. PERFECT!!!
Home made tagliatelle with creamy mushroom sauce followed by "out of this world" veal tenderloin (medium) with mushroom sauce. Molten chocolate cake & the "best" tiramisu

Oh... And the wine list....extensive and affordable. Had a luscious Veneto. Finish with a grappa next time.

3  Thank Michael B
Reviewed February 14, 2014

This is the best Italian food I've ever had in my life. It's even better than the Italian food I had in Italy. The chef, Oscar, is incredibly friendly, he made sure that we were well fed and happy with our food. The waiters and waitresses were kind and checked up on us to ensure we've got enough wine and were patient to explain and entertain our requests.

The molten lava chocolate cake is absolutely divine. It's a must try for anyone who loves a good dessert. I have trouble finding a great molten lava choc cake and now I finally know where to get it!

3  Thank trinleo
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Great place! The restaurant is really cosy and Oscar, the Italian chef, gives to the customers the opportunity to taste excellent italian dishes. To be underlined that the main ingredients come from Italy, so their quality is assured.
Moreover the price is not too much.
I warmly suggest this restaurant, definitely!

2  Thank SteB_78
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We visited on the last night of our trip to China which is probably a good thing otherwise we would have been back and a lot fatter.

We just had mains and a sweet both of which were excellently prepared and presented and the flavours were just right. None of our party could fault the food at all. The wine we had was also every good if a little expensive.

The staff were attentive and helpful without being overbearing and added to the experience.