“Very good and varied food!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ding Tai Fung (Yuyuan Garden)

Ding Tai Fung (Yuyuan Garden)
Ranked #151 of 16,842 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Old Town
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Very good and varied food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

We were a group of seven that arrived, had a fast service from waiters that of course spoke no English but were very kind and helpful nonetheless; very good food and a good location on the brink of yu yuan garden. Definitely worth visiting despite being located a bit oddly and off on a third floor on a derelict shopping "center" above the Costa Coffee. But once you're there - it's good.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank mkabell

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Berne
“Fantastic Xiaolongbao”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

I had a very tasty lunch of xiaolongbao after visiting yu garden. The soup dumplings were very tasty, and dishes i saw at other tables also looked appetising. Very friendly and helpful service. I was on my own and they brought me an englisch newspaper too keep me busy untill the food was served. Also, my teapot was refilled at no extra charge (and without me having too ask for it). Small things like. That. Make a difference for me.

Visited March 2014
“Great Dumplings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Very good! The best dumplings I ever had. If you go shopping or sightseing at the Yu Garden area, choose this place to eat.

Visited March 2014
Guilin, China
“A quick bite outside Yuyuan Garden”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

Honestly, local snacks in Yuyuan Garden don't look quite clean and a bit overpriced. I would recommend a quick bite here in Ding Tai Fung.

Visited November 2013
Derby, United Kingdom
“Good but perhaps not the BEST”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

I did like the dumplings here but I feel they were perhaps overhyped. I feel far cheaper, tastier dumplings can be found around Shanghai, but I suppose it is all a matter of taste (I prefer dumplings with vegetables and less 'juice'). I would not have queued very long for this place, and the service was not brilliant as it took us quite a while to get a soup dumpling.

Visited February 2014