“Great Dumplings”

Ding Tai Fung (Yuyuan Garden)
Ranked #123 of 17,331 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Street Food
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Very good! The best dumplings I ever had. If you go shopping or sightseing at the Yu Garden area, choose this place to eat.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Honestly, local snacks in Yuyuan Garden don't look quite clean and a bit overpriced. I would recommend a quick bite here in Ding Tai Fung.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I did like the dumplings here but I feel they were perhaps overhyped. I feel far cheaper, tastier dumplings can be found around Shanghai, but I suppose it is all a matter of taste (I prefer dumplings with vegetables and less 'juice'). I would not have queued very long for this place, and the service was not brilliant as it took us quite a while to get a soup dumpling.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We had an excellent lunch - the dumplings were incredible - especially the steamed pork and the shrimp/pork/sitcky rice. But the hot and sour soup, sticky pork buns, green beans and fried rice were all delicious as well.

Our server was incredibly friendly and professional and we found the whole experience easy, seamless and fun. So glad we went.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

We went here a few days after eating at Ding Tai Fung in Xiantandi and found it presented the same outstanding quality of food and exceptional service.