I stayed there recently for a few days. It's a typical Chinese run 2-3 Star place. In key words:
• Large rooms
• New and clean (open in September 2012)
• VERY quiet for Shanghai
• Large and clean bathroom, large shower box.
• Close to subway, ~500m (Gaoqing Lu/高青路 Line 6)
• Free internet (Ethernet in room, Wifi in the lobby)
• OK location if you visit the Expo area (5 Minutes by Taxi)
• Location, NO restaurants nearby, even not local ones. Must use taxi for food.
• Breakfast, western selection quite bad, but probably above average for that type hotel
• No coffee (Nescafe is NOT coffee)
• Very tolerant smoking policy, even in lift and breakfast room!
• Hard to communicate in English
• No safety box in the room
Not sure I would stay again. Maybe.....
My advise to hotel would be:
• Get rid of smokers in the lobby and breakfast room. Have smoking rooms if you insist. It will make your hotel stinky though.
• Get coffee and a coffee maker. Assign that job to somebody that likes coffee.
• Toast bread is NOT sweet.
• Mark the Ethernet outlet in the room, there are two next to each other, but only one gives you internet data
• Better shampoo and liquid soap, it's the cheapest of the cheap.