“Best Sichuan food we had in Shanghai!!”

Cook In Shanghai homestyle Chinese cooking classes- Private Cooking Class
Chinese Ramen and Steam Bun Cooking Class and Wet Market Visit
$59.00*
Three-Colored Soup Dumplings Cooking Class in Shanghai
More attraction details
Owner description: Cook In Shanghai organizes Chinese cooking classes and Cooking activities for big groups in Shanghai to introduce you to real local culture. Our regular group classes and private events all let you choose your own recipes, include a visit to the local wet market, and allow hands-on training for each participant. (Our recipes never use MSG.)
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our afternoon shopping, cooking, eating and chatting with Helen and her helper, Cherry. I had requested a private class for 3 Sichuan dishes that I had tasted on an earlier visit to Chengdu, Sichuan province and had tried unsuccessfully to duplicate at home in my kitchen in Sweden.
Touring the fresh market with Cherry beforehand we purchased the items we would not be able to find back home and then walked back to Helen's kitchen (in her apartment) to prepare and cook the food. Both women speak english well and are very charming. I am not sure if our attempts will be as tasty as the dishes we created today. I really got a sense of the subtleties of the dishes I chose and why my earlier attempts have been unsuccessful. A lot of the fun was just hanging out with these two great and interesting young chinese women. This was a memorable experience!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We loved this class. We took the hand-pulled noodle class for 6 people. That has been my favorite cooking class I have taken in Shanghai. The class was very nice and the conversation afterwards was too. I enjoyedlearning more about Chinese history and culture.
The chef was very professional and passionate; he can pull different shapes for the noodles. First he taught us how to knead the dough, then he showed us how to pull it. We looked at the chef pulling and thought it was very easy, but that was not what i thought. We practiced a lot, the chef was extremely patient and nice. Finally everyone did it. If I would get back to Shanghai, I will take another lesson at Cook in Shanghai. Thanks Helen and Cherry. I wish you continued success.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

we really enjoyed our class, especially my friend who tried the food and loved it so I will definitely try to cook the same things shortly.
There are have ten mins for Chinese tea ceremony before cooking,i very like this part.Also we can choose our own recipes,we cooked some vegetarian food,it was simple,health and delicious,especially the tiger dishes(The Chinese Spicy Salad),i can find all ingredients in my country,so i will try to cook it.
I will definitely recommend class to others. I look forward to coming again when I’m come to Shanghai next time.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

That has been my favorite cooking class I have taken in Shanghai.
The class was very nice and the conversation afterwards was, too. I enjoyed
learning more about Chinese history and filter life. And the class very flexible,also i met some friends from class.I had so much fun at my cooking class as well as the very tasty food! I can't wait to get home so I can try the recipes on my own.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

It's was a wonderful afternoon in Shanghai. This experience included a wet market tour with Cherry and discovered a lot of local dishes, spices and vegetables.It was a really interesting experience. And the Chef was very charming,if you come to shanghai,i think it worth to do!

Travelers who viewed Cook In Shanghai homestyle Chinese cooking classes- Private Cooking Class also viewed

Shanghai, Shanghai Region
Shanghai, Shanghai Region

Been to Cook In Shanghai homestyle Chinese cooking classes- Private Cooking Class? Share your experiences!