Cook In Shanghai homestyle Chinese cooking classes- Private Cooking Class
Vegetarian Cooking Class and Wet Market Visit
$59.00*
Three-Colored Soup Dumplings Cooking Class in Shanghai
More attraction details
Owner description: Cook In Shanghai organizes Chinese cooking classes and Cooking activities for big groups in Shanghai to introduce you to real local culture. Our regular group classes and private events all let you choose your own recipes, include a visit to the local wet market, and allow hands-on training for each participant. (Our recipes never use MSG.)
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My partner and I visited Shanghai on a cruise ship and took a cook this class and had the BEST time! Cherry is such a blast and really informative! We went to the market and asked a million questions and she patiently answered every one! We made some great stuff that we will definitely use in our regular lives. Having traveled all over the world and taken classes everywhere...this is a great way to explore a culture through cuisine! Would do it again in a hot second!!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Cookinshanghai organized a very nice and personal cooking lesson with me this sunday. We made hand pulled noodles and steamed buns and i got to do all the key steps by myself so i really feel like I learnt something. Also the visit to the wet market was very nice and I had the opportunity to put in some special requests on what to buy and try in the lesson.The team is young but and uncomplicated but still very professional with good english skills. I recommend this school and the type of lesson i had especially if you want have a quick look into the chinese cuisine as an amateur, but as i understand they also have advanced classes.

enjoy

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was one of the highlights of my trip. Helen was very accommodating. We went to a market, picked out our ingredients. One of our group is vegetarian so Helen assisted us in selecting the perfect dishes. We went to an authentic Chinese public kitchen. I finally witnessed Chinese way of life. Shanghai is very westernized. I'm from the New York area. I can see a forever 21 store at home. We cut and prepared out dishes, cooked and seasoned them. I was never so full on vegetables in my life. My daughter is a vegetarian. I now have new recipes to prepare for her. I highly recommend this tour if you want a taste of real Chinese culture.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I just took the wet market tour and cooking classes. It was awesome. We learned a lot at the wet market. Cherry used her iPad to show us what the raw ingredients were and how typically used. This was very informative after 1 week of eating out and getting to see the ingredients better. We then went back to the apartment and had Chinese tea ceremony. We were able to try two different teas and I bought one at a tea shop to take home.

There were 6 of u s to cook 4 dishes. Even though it seemed a short amount of time, we all thought we learned a lot. Especially when making dumplings and time was spent so that we got the dough right and understood. We then feasted on what we made.

I highly commend this class and look forward to returning when I come back to Shanghai.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Helen was very nice, we had to alter our plans and she was very accommodating. I was a little surprised that it was in someones home, it wasn't what I expected. and I was freezing most of the time. It was a good class, we did cook what was expected but everything was done very fast, we did the cutting of veg, meat and added a few things but we spent more watching rather than doing. Having Tea was nice as well... the tour in the market was interesting and good.

Liu H, Manager at Cook In Shanghai homestyle Chinese cooking classes- Private Cooking Class, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Hi Kathleen,

It was a pleasure that you come to our cooking lesson and thank you very much for your feedback. :-)

We will make our apartment more warm during the winter time (because the Shanghai was clammy cold, so that makes people feels very very cold) and we will tell our students to wear more clothes during the winter time in Shanghai. But during our lesson we have few mins Introduction for the Chinese food and Chinese kitchen. First The chef preparing with the students (cutting and marinate). Then the chef will show the students how to cook the students watching, after that the students have to hands on to do themselves dishes.

Hope that next time if you come again to our cooking lesson, you can see the improve of us.

Travelers who viewed Cook In Shanghai homestyle Chinese cooking classes- Private Cooking Class also viewed

Shanghai, Shanghai Region
Shanghai, Shanghai Region

Been to Cook In Shanghai homestyle Chinese cooking classes- Private Cooking Class? Share your experiences!