Cook In Shanghai homestyle Chinese cooking classes- Private Cooking Class
$68.00*
and up
Chinese Cooking Class and Wet Market Visit
More attraction details
Owner description: Cook In Shanghai organizes Chinese cooking classes and Cooking activities for big groups in Shanghai to introduce you to real local culture. Our regular group classes and private events all let you choose your own recipes, include a visit to the local wet market, and allow hands-on training for each participant. (Our recipes never use MSG.)
Galway, Ireland
“Cook in Shanghai”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

While on holidays in shanghai I was looking for a short cookery course. I came across an ad for "cook in Shanghai" in a local ex-pat magazine, I immediately emailed to see if it would be suitable for me and my three children ( aged 16,14 and 11)
Helen answered my email the next day and gave me lots of details about the course. The course ticked all my boxes so I called Helen and booked the next available date.
On the day we were met by Cherry at the local wet Market where we were to choose the ingredients for our recipes. Cherry was just wonderful, she was of course, very knowledgable about all the different foods that us "westerners" wouldn't recognise. We also got to taste different fruits and cakes as we walked around the Market. Cherry discovered that I had never tasted dumplings, so she suggested that we make these also ( along with our 3 already chosen recipes)
Helen greeted us at the cookery school (in a local apartment) with a pot of green tea and some fruit. After our refreshments we started our cooking, Helen and Cherry worked very well together and were really easy to get along with. We spent the rest of the day cooking, eating, laughing and chatting. Highly recommended and great value for money. Geraldine Mchugh

Visited July 2012

Travelers who viewed Cook In Shanghai homestyle Chinese cooking classes- Private Cooking Class also viewed

Shanghai, Shanghai Region
Shanghai, Shanghai Region

Been to Cook In Shanghai homestyle Chinese cooking classes- Private Cooking Class? Share your experiences!