“Good Australian Steaks”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Pretty good place for Steaks in Shanghai, in Laowai Jie (White people street, it says it all).
Australian steaks.
They claim that the steaks are vaccum packed, not frozen.
This is fresh meat, meaning that fibers are still there, French will not enjoy the french aged type of meat which makes it so tender and tasty.
For each kind you can select three sizes, cooking time, side dishes and sauce.
Cooking time are respected, sauces are good but industrial, not home made.
They have a good selection of wines, but they are not all available...
Good and wide beer selection.
Avoid the shots which are way too expensive and not that great.
Every night around 9:00 pm, the unevitable Philipino band starts to play, one guitar, two girl singers. They are pretty good, and willing to play whatever song you want.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Fabulous Grilled Salmon and that Garlic Mash Patotoes... yamiiii
Ask also for the grilled veggies... great!
Great Happy hour deals if you like beer... And for a Steak house I must say I was impressed with the wine selection, specially the Ch. Finet Bordeaux, very good value for money!

Reviewed December 22, 2012

They have, in my opinion, the best steaks in town! The staff is friendly and the owner is my friend! I have just read the reviews. I have had no problem with the "Happy Hour" drinks. In fact, I was there just this week and they were very clear on what is, or, what is not on the Happy Hour.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I am American, and have lived in Shanghai for 18 months. After a nearby well known sports bar messed up our reservation, we had a last minute request for a group of 10 people. Jimmy, the Hongmei Lu manager, made room for us, and always makes me feel at home when I come there. Ella, one of the servers, is also doing a great job! I have been a regular customer since first moving to Shanghai. I keep coming back because of the friendly staff, and the good food. The fact that they added Guiness to the menu is just a bonus! And the band they now have is the best one on Hongmei Lu.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We visited during a 3 week tour of china and thought the "happy hour" looked like a great idea. However when the bill eventually came we found out that "happy hour" is in fact a joke! An expensive one at that! Despite asking the waiter what is for happy hour, when the bill came we were informed by a very arrogant manager that in fact what we were sold was not for happy hour and liable for full price. The manager not only told us we don't understand English, which is our first language, he actually laughed with his fellow employees when we walked out! Disgrace and don't want your time, effort or money with them!