“I love this place!”

Ranked #1,846 of 17,331 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hongkou
Description: Miyabi, our Japanese showcase restaurant on the 37th floor, features open teppanyaki tables and a sushi bar. In this friendly and relaxed atmosphere, take in captivating nighttime views of the Bund and Lujiazui.
Reviewed July 31, 2012

After a long day of being tourists, my boyfriend and I stopped here for dinner. We were seated almost immediately on a Thursday night. The miso soup was quite good. The box came out, and the addition of noodles to the usual foray of items was a good touch. The nigiri was nice and fresh, just like you would expect it to be. The beef, though, was really quite tastily prepared. The sauce it was in had a wonderful sweet, savory flavor mixed in with the smokiness of the grilled meat.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Unable to comment on the food since we walked out before it arrived. There was no maitre'd to greet us, we needed to interrupt the staff from gossiping to get a table. They use a very old model tablet as the menu which didn't work properly. No vegeterian options, staff didn't understand enough English to order food. The chef had to come out to take our order and wasn't happy to accomadate my girlfriends allergies to seafood and meat, the request for a simple veggie roll seemed too difficult. Overall the service was cold and incompetent.

1  Thank alicefire
Miyabi_restaurant, Manager at Miyabi Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Dear alicefire,

Thank you for your comments and I do apologize for the unpleasant experience at our restaurant. I have addressed your comments to my team and I can assure you that i have taken immediate actions in order to avoid that anyone will receive such an experience again. If possible please do contact me personally so that I could get more detailed feedback and moreover I hope that we have another chance to welcome you back. Please do contact me if you plan to visit us again so I could take personally care of your well being.

kind regards,

Miyabi Manager
miyabi.hongkou@sheraton.com
tel. +86 21 2601 0088
mob. +86 189 3082 841

Reviewed July 8, 2012

I visited the restaurant yesterday for the first time with my wife because we both love Japanese Food and I read about it on the internet. It is located in Hongkou which was also for me a new area and something different to these restaurants at the Bund. The restaurant is very stylish and new with an wonderful view towards Pudong. My wife and me had a really good time! The restaurant manager told me that they have a new chef from Japan, who indeed cooked excellent food. The service was also very good and the staff very attentive. I will definitely come back to this restaurant.

2  Thank JoHo99
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I saw this resturant information on the maganize taht try to this resturant, the view is execellent, the food is delicious, I like Japnese food so much! And I will go there again with my friends.

1  Thank daneil m
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This is my first time to dine in a 5-star hotel's Japanese Restaurant. The experience comes to be good and memorable. Miyabi is loctaed in 37th floor of Sheraton Hongkou, featuring a excellent night view of the city in the evening. The sushi & sashimi is quite fresh and delicious, however, I love the tenpanyaki best. The chef's live show left me a great impression. I will come back again!

1  Thank Jennifer T