“Save your money”

Bund Sightseeing Tunnel
Book In Advance
$30.80*
and up
Shanghai Bus Tour Hop-on Hop-off Premium Ticket including City Top Attraction...
$142.00*
Type: Rail Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: A pedestrian-only tunnel crossing the Bund, this fun and unique form of public transportation is a pricey but quick way to get across the river on foot. The experience is a bit reminiscent of a Disney Tomorrowland attraction.
Reviewed February 13, 2013

For some reason when I saw this on the map I thought it was a pedestrian tunnel where I could walk under the river from the Bund to Pudong. I thought that would be cool so I made my way there only to find out that it was an attraction. I failed to do enough research on this and it cost me.
As of February, 2013 the cost was 50 RMB, about $8 US for a ride through a tunnel that has a very rudimentary light show. This is not Disney or Universal, it is many rungs lower. So if you are looking for some "sights to see" don't look here. It is just an overpriced, very slow subway ride.
As an engineer and some interested in trains, the cars were nice (crowded) and the turntable system to change the car direction was very cool; but not 50 RMB cool. They do have some combo tickets that you can get, but those didn't interest me.
I did it, but never again.

1  Thank Walmack
Write a ReviewReviews (1,033)

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I must say I have spent a much better 50 RMB. It is listed as an attraction, but it could stand some updating or improvement. The driverless cars were really the best part. Only half of the video panels were working when I went through. It was the fastest way to get from Pudong to the Promenade as I was staying on that side. Proximity to the tower and Super Brand Mall were the real selling points.

The trip is only about 10 minutes. When I went the lineup took longer than the trip. The ferry across the river turned out to be faster and cheaper.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We took the "sightseeing tunnel" as we did want to walk back to subway station from where we were. The charge was 50 RMB. There was no actual sightseeing as it is all underground. You travel from the Bund to Pudong in a few minutes surrounded by flashing lights and music. You would think that as a "sightseeing" tunnel there would atleast be something to see.

You can take the Nanjing Road East Station on Line 2 that will take you to nearly the same location as the tunnel.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

something you should experience when you're in Shanghai! Of course it is more expensive than it should, it lasts about 10 minutes but let's say that is really chinese.. An amusement park experience named as a city touristic attraction-hilarious!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

In and of itself, this gets no stars. However, I did it, I can say I did it, now let's move on! This ride is exactly like the tunnel sequence in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. You know the scene, where they ride in the tunnel and there are weird sounds and weird videos playing on the walls--kind of creepy and nightmarish! This is exactly like that! I don't recommend it. Take the ferry for the low price of Y2 and enjoy the views! It's a lot of money for about 10 minutes.