“Fairy tale villa”
Review of Moller Residence

Moller Residence
Reviewed June 14, 2014

This house has some special reference to a Swede, as Moller was a rich Swede living jhere before the war, owning a shipline, and race horses (a statues in the garden of the best one), and a daughter that he wanted to please with a fantasy house.
Now it is a hotel, supposed to be good, at least must be interesting to live there, in the middle of Shanghai, near Huaihai Road. Restaurant is good, interiour is great, exteriour is fantastic, and there is a cafe in the garden, a sort of green oasis. And with my favourite HongKong style reastaurant on the other side of the street: Fu.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Went there today... completely out of my expectation after reading the review before going
1) extremely small
2) Not very friendly. as one of the review said its welcome to take a look but actually when i went in , the guy who worked there told me " its not for outsider" I told him i searched online and said its welcome outsider to take a look. HE said " oh well, our official website never says it i dont know where you saw that its open for public"

In a nutshell... dont waste time, its just like a boutique hotel

3  Thank Paris L
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at this hotel. It is definitely a unique structure that is well placed in the French Concession area of Shanghai. We found the rooms bright and well appointed. The breakfast buffet was a good blend of western and Asian tastes. The garden area was well taken care of and an oasis in the middle of an urban city. It seems to attract a lot of wedding parties. I would stay here again.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Boy, I wish trip advisor would allow me to grade like a school teacher - there ought to be something between average and very good , mustn't it? The Moller residence is a 1930 building in the style of a country villa ( Landhaus) and built to look older than it is. If it would be located in Stansted or Pinner , one would find it rather poorly proportioned. I appreciated the gardens , the calm water features and the lobby , where a friendly young woman is remarkably tolerant of tourists from all over the globe (like us) taking pictures.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Back to 2005, just arrived in town, I did stay in this hotel.
Very cozy and full of character.
Good for the history lovers, but not good for who is looking for the most modern facilities.