- Location is fairly central
- Rooms are a decent size, and fairly comfortable
- Shower had hot water
- Most hotels have some staff at the door to help with your luggage. Not here. When I walked up the steps and got inside, all the staff were sitting around playing with their phones. Everyone seemed a bit disinterested and definitely did not feel welcome.
- Genuinely had a sore shoulder after sitting on the plane and went for a massage in the hotel. Was bugged constantly about "extras". After the poor massage was finished, I was given the price on a bit of paper which was around 100 RMB more than what it said on the leaflet. I paid it anyway. After paying, the girl comes back with the bit of paper again with a new amount and "+15%" written beside it. Refused to pay and left.
- Outside the hotel (especially at night) there are lots of girls offering their services, and old ladies selling roses. They are very pushy and I had to be quite stern with them so they would bugger off.
- Went into the bar for a coke. Didn't see anyone there, but could hear people talking over at the booths. Went over and there were the staff who just sat there looking at me. Didn't seem to pleased when I asked if I could get a drink. Upon pouring my drink, he went straight back and sat down again.
- The wireless didn't work in the rooms, or downstairs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pacific Hotel is located at Huangpu District, Shanghai, China. It offers air-conditioned rooms, all of which have room safe, telephone with voice mail, and high-speed Internet access. Some of its amenities include Jinmen Club (spa and beauty salon), badminton and swimming facilities, and complimentary shuttle bus to and from Hongqiao International Airport. While staying here, you can visit some interesting places like The Bund, Oriental Pearl TV Tower, and Shanghai Aquarium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pacific Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Hotel Shanghai